Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Charlies Angels and Thriller

I don't usually post about the latest news, but I just had to today. You see, two "symbols" of my child/teen years died yesterday. The same day. Both of them. I'm sure you probably know who I'm talking about- Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. When I first checked Yahoo in the morning, I kept seeing Farrah's face as their main story. At first I didn't even read the article and just went about my business- Yes, I can be oblivious of things right in front of my face like that. Finally, I happened to glance over at the title of the story and about freaked. FARRAH IS DEAD. What?? I knew that she was sick but I had watched her documentary and cheered her on that she would get better. After all, she was Farrah Fawcett. I loved her on Charlie's Angels. I had her hair cut (still do kind of) and even had one of those doll heads that you can do up their hair and put makeup on their face. Now, she is gone and it makes me sad. A piece of my childhood has gone with her.
THEN, if that wasn't enough, Micheal Jackson dies too?? What is up here, people? Not that I agreed with his actions the last ten or so years, but memories of his Thriller video bring me back to my teens and going to the mall arcade. We didn't have cable out where we lived and they had this projector looking machine where you could put in some quarters and it would play MTV videos. Thriller was my favorite. I would play that one all the time.
Earlier this week, Ed Mcmahon had died too. They say that celebrities go in threes and this time it was quick. I hope that buys Patrick Swayze a little time-another actor that brings memories of growing up too.
You two will be missed.

7 comments:

Hit 40 said...

I had forgotten about poor Ed. This did make 3!!! I was wondering who the 3rd would be.

Big things do seem to happen in threes.

Unknown said...

hard to imagine farrah is gone. i felt so sorry for ryan oneal last night. deaths really do come in threes...

Jennifer Ortiz said...

I know it's so sad, and such a loss of great people. I blogged today that death and disability have no preferance to the rich, poor, famous, or average citizen so live like you are dying!

Creative Junkie said...

omg, I know. It's hard to believe, isn't it? It seems like they would just live forever - I forget that they get older and suffer from the same things as "normal" people do.

My 15 year old daughter actually asked me who Farrah was - how sad is that?

The Four Week Vegan said...

Farrah hits me the hardest - my friends and I all wanted to be one of the Angels.

Maricel said...

Hiya! Just subscribed your blog via my Google Reader, via Mom Bloggers Club's Follow Me Club. =)

Maricel --- Momhood Moments

I'm also building my blogroll too. Care for a link exchange?

Kristen Andrews said...

it is very sad isn't it, I really liked all three!