Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A trip to the zoo

We decided to take our summer trip to our local zoo. The kids had a good time and we were glad that they updated the zoo last year. They added more animals and stuff to do which it really needed for I had been going to this zoo since I was little and I probably could go through it with my eyes blindfolded and tell you every stop.
A much anticipated animal that I had been waiting YEARS for them to adopt was the giraffe. I love giraffes and I could just stare at them for hours. When we got there, they were feeding these beautiful beasts and it was awesome because we were just inches from them.
I got some cool shots of them.

How about another one?

One more?

Ok, enough of them.

Emily wanted to go to the monkey cage next.

They used to have way more monkeys but for some reason they got rid of alot of them. I'm not sure what these were called but she thought it was so cool that there was some mamas and they were holding their babies.

Zachary just thought all the animals were cool-just like him.


Jordon was a good sport about going even though he probably didn't think it was cool to go to the zoo with his mom.

I think his favorite was watching the parrots fight in the bird cage area-
Boys will be boys.

They have this one area where you can buy fish food and feed it to these enormous fish in their pond.

There were also geese and ducks and turtles looking to eat too.

I forgot to remind Emily that you don't stick your hand out with food in it to the geese because they will bite you and they did just that. She just fed the fish after that.

We ended up taking the train ride last and by then it was nice to just sit and relax.

I wanted to go back and take more giraffe photos but the kids protested and held my camera for ransom until I took them to McDonalds for a cheeseburger and fries.





8 comments:

The Four Week Vegan said...

OMGosh, I love giraffes too!!! They are so calming to watch - what great pics and so very close.

Morgan said...

Great photos!

Our family would like to make it out to the zoo this Summer. My kids begged to go on the train ride last time, but I talked them out of it because I didn't want to spend the money. I've always regretted not letting them go on the train. So next time, train it is. : )

TheAtticGirl said...

I love going to the zoo and getting to feed the giraffes. They are so neat!

Stephanie said...

Your pictures are truly amazing!! I can't believe how close you were able to get. And your little munchkins are too cute!
So glad you were able to stop by my blog today.

Jacqueline Miller said...

Looks like a great zoo!! We visited ours last week, but my boys are most interested in: 1. the park 2. the garbage cans and 3. the stormwater drains. Sigh.

GypsyFox said...

WOW gorgeous pics honey! I found you mom bloggers :) XOXO & I am now following you!

Buckeroomama said...

I love giraffes, too! They're so beautiful and so graceful. :)

Creative Junkie said...

I just love giraffes! I'm not a zoo lover at all but I did go when ours had 2 giraffes on loan for a few weeks. They're so beautiful!

You got some wonderful shots of them!