Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Shower.

I've kept quiet about this. I didn't know the right time to announce it. I figured I'd do it today because it was the day of her baby shower.


My oldest daughter is expecting again and is due in August-is she trying to make me feel old??
Was I happy six months ago when I got the news? No comment. Am I happy now that I will be getting another grand baby next month? Yes! This time, she's giving me a girl. It's time to go shopping for pink dresses and bows and little Mary Jane shoes!
So, we had the baby shower this weekend and it was fun. I spent the night before covered in pink frosting and chocolate making these babies.

We had a lot of cupcakes.

I thought they turned out pretty good.

I hated making these. Bakerella makes it look so easy to make cake pops.

I found this recipe on the Internet. These are called French Dip Appetizers. They taste much better then they look!

Zach had fun. Who said you shouldn't put a white shirt on your child and let them eat chocolate?

Emily wasn't too thrilled. And why should she? This party wasn't for her...

We played some shower games like "guess the size of the belly" among others.

Only five minutes to come up with the longest list of baby products.
How can anybody write so neatly under pressure?

We opened presents next. Jess opened lots of adorable pink items.
And someone knew that I loved brown outfits on babies.

Emily finally came around and gave me a smile.
And Zach was just happy to pop all the balloons-and eat more chocolate.

I caught Jess holding her friend's baby girl. Oh boy. Am I ready for this again?
Bring it on, baby!

8 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Congratulations on being a grandma twice over! :)

Unknown said...

Please let me know if you are having problems commenting today!Not sure if this thing is working.

Annette Lyon said...

Congratulations! Pink is awesome. At least, until they hit puberty. :)

(Thanks for dropping by!)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! My mom always tells me that grandkids are your reward for not killing your own children.

Cindy said...

your daughter looks beautiful and such a fun shower!

Unknown said...

Many congrats to your eldest daughter, that looks like one really awesome baby shower :)
*kisses* HH

baby gifts said...

Looks very inviting and looks like everyone had fun. Thanks for sharing these photos.

eight helping hands said...

AWWWW!! How cute! Congratulations! Both of your little girls have times in their pictures that remind me of you...from a few years ago.... I think it's great that you get two have 2 grandbabies now to spoil! I wish Jess all the best!