Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Words with a Blogger Wednesday

This week's blogger has a great blog.

I love, love, love this blog. It's full of wonderful information about finding work at home jobs. I love finding out about work at home jobs.

This week's blogger is

Alaina

from



When did you start blogging and what made you decide to blog?

I just started blogging in August of 2009. I had a regular website before that for many years and decided to make the switch to blogging. I started the website and the blog because of my personal experiences working from home and because I was had friends and family asking me where I found all the jobs I do. So many people get scammed trying to find a legitimate work from home job. I finally started putting a list together of companies that hired and originally posted it to my website about eight years ago but now there are constantly new companies and new jobs being created so blogging is easier where I can constantly update my readers.

What kind of blog do you have?

Mostly it covers legitimate work-from-home jobs but I also add in money saving advice, good deals and freebies

Do you make money from your blog?

Only a small amount from advertisers so far

What do you do to network/promote your blog to bring in readers?

I like connecting with other bloggers on places like Mom Bloggers Network and Twitter Moms and I also frequent many work from home forums such as WAHM.com where there are Moms looking for work. I also write for Examiner.com for telecommuting jobs in Denver which also helps promote my blog.

How do you balance blogging and family?

I am a stay-at-home and homeschooling Mom of four children so I try to make sure that my priorities are in order and that I don't let blogging interfere with devoting my time to the kids and homeschooling. I try to do most of my blogging along with the other jobs I do from home during nap time or after the kids are in bed for the evening.

How frequently do you post?

This varies greatly for me as opposed to many other bloggers. I don't want to post just to post if there are not a whole lot of great job leads that week. I really try to only post job leads that are something that I think my readers would be interested in instead of posting every job lead I come across.

Do you own a business and blog about your business?

No but I have worked for several of the companies I have blogged about in the past including some of the virtual call centers, data entry, freelance writing, etc. I have worked from home for ten years so I have tried a lot of the different jobs during that time which is nice because I have come to know a lot about the different companies and can help answer questions other Moms may have. Currently I work from home doing freelance writing for Examiner.com, Internet Brands and Demand Studios and I also work as a search engine evaluator for Leapforce.

What do you recommend to blog about?

Whatever you are passionate about!

Has blogging changed your life in any way?

I thoroughly enjoy getting emails from Moms who have found a job through my blog and are now able to stay home with their kids because of it.

Who are your favorite bloggers?

I can of have an eclectic range in blogs I follow. For homeschooling and parenting blogs I love http://www.amomentwithmom.blogspot.com/ and http://homeschoolcreations.blogspot.com/. For saving money I LOVE http://thethriftydivas.com/ and http://www.savingcentswithsense.net/ and just for general enjoyment of reading I love http://www.thetamom.com/.


What is your blogging style?

Hmmm...I guess I never really thought about what my style was but I try to think about what information is important for each job post so that when a reader looks at the blog post they can immediately decide if the job is for them or not instead of needing to research the company themselves.

What do you do when you get writer's block?

Well my writers blog is usually based on a lack of jobs for the week! So then I just dig further online to find some that may be more difficult to dig up.

Do you have any advice for newbie bloggers?

I guess just find something you are sure you are passionate about or it will probably be a short lived hobby. Find a community of bloggers that can help you with some of the start up questions you will probably have and then start making connections throughout the blogosphere. It is amazing the advice and help other Mom bloggers gave me when I was first starting!

4 comments:

Liz Mays said...

She is providing such a great service through her blog!

yonca said...

Heading over there to check out Alaina's blog;)

Telecommuting Mom said...

Thanks Tess! I really appreciate you featuring me, loving all my visitors today from your site!

Elizabeth@TheThriftyDivas said...

Thanks for following us (The Thrifty Divas)! We're following you, too! :)

~ Elizabeth @ TheThriftyDivas