Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Wedding -Chapter One

Do you remember me telling you about my next book, The Wedding?

Do you remember me also telling you that I decided to put it online?

Okay, here it is-well, the first chapter at least.


The Coconut Hut Club Series

Book One

The Wedding

The Coconut Hut.

It was a tacky little bar, decorated with fake palm trees, tiny white lights, and hula girl posters hung on the walls. Tiny Bubbles was always playing in the background and the waitresses dressed in grass skirts with flower leis around their necks. Yes, it was definitely tacky, but to Sam, Lizzy, Tasha and I, it was our temporary paradise.

We called ourselves the Coconut Hut Club. Obviously, you can guess how we got our name from the bar, but why make it a club? Well, we all seem to have one thing in common-we seem to get in the middle of trouble. It's not like we look for it. It seems to just find us.We all met through Becca. She's my kid sister and the owner of Little Angels Daycare. Sam, Lizzy, and Tasha all bring their kids there. I have a daughter named Elizabeth. She's sixteen and not in need of daycare. I just like to help out Becca once a week when I'm not busy with my work...

Want to read the rest of the chapter? You can read it here.

7 comments:

alpinekleins said...

Tess! Wow, awesome! When I saw the plot thickened all around a photographer I couldn't resist - hee hee! Lovin' it so far <3.

Kristin

Brian Miller said...

oh very nice setting the scene for us...will check out the rest....

Richele McFarlin said...

WOW! That's great!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. "the crew" is the Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Review Crew. :)

Good luck on your book...you are off to an amazing start. :)

Marketing Gurl said...

Tess!! I love it - but I was wondering why you post your book for free - will for sure keep reading!

The Single Mothers Chronicles said...

Tess - what a great beginning!! And I love the cover design - do tell where you had it done!
Swati

Unknown said...

Marketing Gurl-I wanted to "give" my readers something back. :)

Swati- I did the cover design-thanks! :)

Molly said...

WOW!! This is so cool, I'm off to read more!