Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

No Charlie Brown Christmas tree this year

The hubby surprised me this year with a new Christmas tree. If you remember from last year, we had a tiny, Charlie Brown looking one. The new tree is one of those that have the lights connected to it, so you don't have to drag the tangled lights out of the garage and hope to find the one that doesn't work and curse until you end up throwing them out the window.
This kind of tree is also awesome in the sense that it comes in three pieces that fold up like an umbrella, which will be nice for storage since I've gone through about ten trees after loosing branches or the color coded wires were no longer color coded and you end up with a Picasso looking tree trying to match them all up.

We voted on the colors for decorations-have I ever told you that I have a thing about having properly color coordinated Christmas trees? Yes, it is a sickness-one that drives my son absolutely CRAZY. He insists that Christmas tree decorations must be mismatched, with handmade decorations brought home from school and the more mismatched, the better. He must of done something horrible in a past life to be stuck with a mom like me.

This year, I gave the kids and hubby color combination choices; red, brown and green, red and green, or neon multicolored-I thought I was bending a bit for him on that one.

He didn't like the whole "neon" look, so he voted on the first choice. I was happy since I really wanted a brown theme this year. So, we decorated the tree in our official themed colors and I thought it turned out well.

I love it when we get to put the tree up, because I get to take bokeh photos. For those of you who don't know what that is, this definition is taken from PW's site:

Bokeh, which is pronounced bow-kay or bow-keh, refers to the wonderful out-of-focus light and shapes and colors you find in the background of many photos taken with a digital camera.

Here are some photos to show you what I came up with.

Ooh, the brown bulbs are so pretty.

And here is what happens when your five year old helps.

You don't know how badly I want to move those two bulbs that are touching. I won't though, in the spirit of Christmas.

I hope this lands me an extra present under the tree this year.

8 comments:

MisAdventuresofMomof3 said...

We upgraded from our Charlie Brown tree too!!! I passed it along to a friend. :) With no obligation for her to keep it. I love your bulbs so pretty!

Following u via MBC would love if you have a minute for you to come by!

eight helping hands said...

My kids won't go anywhere near my Rudolph tree!!! They're afraid of being skinned alive! Cuz I would! Really!
Glad to see I'm not the only one out there with this disease!

Sultan said...

Very nice tree.

Ms. Sarah said...

Love your tree. thanks for visiting and hope you will again =)

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

Oh Tess, I love it! It looks beautiful and classy and old-fashioned.

ConnieFoggles said...

I am so obsessive compulsive about my Christmas tree ornaments that my husband and daughter want to hide when it's time to decorate the tree. I'd have moved those bulbs in a heartbeat. Love the photos. I wish I could learn how to do them.

Aim said...

good show of self control not moving the ornaments. :-) I'm right there with ya.

Creative Junkie said...

It's gorgeous Tess! I love a coordinated tree as well, but on our main tree, I compromised on the mismatched ornaments. We have three trees and at least one is color coordinated - it looks so pretty!