Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Urban background look

Yesterday, I decided to see what kind of backgrounds our downtown area had for photo shoots. I really have stayed away from the urban look, but I was curious to see what I could find to offer a different look and feel to my photos.

Of course, Emily was willing to be my model. We drove around and finally found a cool strip that was also safe to walk around as well. It was full of color and texture and the perfect setting for our shoot!
I loved all the concrete steps around town.
This garage would be a perfect background for a senior shoot!

The city has done alot of updates to the downtown, making it very pretty.

Love this mural on the side of the building.

I love red brick buildings.

These poles really make an urban look.

We found this photographer's dream alley full of texture, color and greenery.

I have my first "guy" senior photo shoot (oddly, I've only done girl seniors) and I think I'll bring him down here-it should be fun!




6 comments:

Brian Miller said...

very nice. love the textures of the urban backgrounds...the painted wall esp...cute little one as well...

Gail said...

Great shots and your young soon to be famous model seems to be loving it.

sara said...

Beautiful pictures!

Getrealmommy said...

wish I had a photographer in the family. These are great pictures. Lucky little girl!

Veronica Lee said...

You take such awesome photos, Tess!!
The colours are amazing.

Have a nice day!!

Annette Piper said...

Great shots - Emily's rather the model too isn't she!?