Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Calm

Some may remember when I announced we had adopted a kitten about five months ago. Here he is when we first got the little booger.







He fooled us with his sweetness. He was cute and lovable the first couple of weeks. THEN, he began to show his true colors. We quickly found out that he was a devil cat.



So ornery. So crazy. He was in everything all the time and wanted to "play" with us and the result was scratched up hands and a few close calls of an eye getting poked out by his claws.


This cat was the poster child for cat nip.

We got him fixed, hoping that it would calm him down-nope. We came to the conclusion that we would just have to deal with him the way he was and hope that age would calm him down eventually. One thing I did know was, he was getting his front paws declawed because I wasn't taking anymore chances of any of the kids getting their eyes blinded by his playfulness. Did you know that little ones like to put their faces in cat's faces?

So, the little brat went to the vet for two days (it was heaven for us, lol). When we got him back, we were worried if we left him out that he would break his stitches, but he just meowed if we kept him in the carrier. He ended up sleeping for two days and limped around for another three.



One thing I've noticed with him is that he's alot calmer now. Maybe he finally settled down after this traumatic experience, or he thinks we just punished him for all his meanness.







Either way, I'll take it!

2 comments:

Fitra2009 said...

Happy New Years 2012 !!!

Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment here.

Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog too.

secret agent woman said...

Aww, he's a cute kitty. And he'll be past the trauma in no time.