Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Crushing the dream

I have been taking an online digital painting course to improve my graphic skills but really let it go down the toilet. I mean, I read the lessons, practised them and submitted a couple of paintings. I just felt that it wasn't what I expected and I told the lady so in the forum. Apparently, this totally crushed her and she sent a mass email to all of us saying someone complained about her course instead of just emailing me- at first.
Well, I didn't mean to cause such a stir and I really only stated that I thought she would have had a lesson on changing the color of the fur on animals to another color. I know this does not make any sense to anyone but bare with me.
Then, I got a long, long and very long email from her basically saying that all I needed to do was contact her if I had a problem. Now I was starting to regret making the single little comment. Obviously, this person takes great offense to anyone making an observation of her work. I suppose if someone sent me an email saying that my blog stunk and I am a bad mom and I shouldn't tell people that I think about selling my kids to the gypsies, I would take offense to it.
Wait. Would I really be that sensitive?
Hmmm...No, I probably would just ask them if, on the way to the child services they see any gypsies, tell them that I'll give them a free gallon of gas per child too.

0 comments: