Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Surviving

Last night I was ever so happy to see my pillow. After going the whole day with only two hours of sleep, I would've probably of slept on a hard wooden floor if I had to. I am one of those people who need sleep and if I don't get at least 8 hours, I get sick right away and a bad headache. I used to not be that way when I was in my 20s (party years) and would go out with my girlfriends after a long day at work and dance at the clubs til 3am and get up at 8am the next day. Ahhh, the good 'ole days.

Today I feel more rested but I could handled another hour or two of sleeping, but I have a big day ahead and wanted an early start. We are throwing my daughter a baby shower this Sunday and I still have alot to put together. I'm a procrastinator to the fullest. I had meant to do good with this party and since I had a couple of months to get things done, I figured that it would be easy to get stuff for it a week at a time. This way, I wouldn't feel rushed or the pain of the cost so much if it were hidden with my usual demands. Sounds like a perfect plan, right? Well, if I went with that plan, it just wouldn't be me now, would it?

So, here I am now, the week before the shower and running to the store for stuff and wondering how I'm going to get a 100 duck soaps made with little blue and yellow ribbons tied around their cute neck. Why do I do this to myself????

To add to my self-induced mental breakdown, I'm freaking out at the cost adding up at the 50 stores we've been to. Maybe we can make our own raffle tickets for the 50/50 game, I say out loud. Jess gives me a glare as an answer to my thought. I could read her mind as if she were shouting at me over the store's intercom: "WHY DID YOU PROCRASTINATE AGAIN, MOM?"

0 comments: