Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Words with a Blogger Wednesday

How about another post about bloggers?
It's Words with a Blogger Wednesday!
This week's blogger is:
Elizabeth
from over at
Please introduce yourself:
My name is Elizabeth (aka blueviolet) from A Nut in a Nutshell
http://a-nut-in-a-nutshell.blogspot.com/

When did you start blogging and what made you decide to blog?
I began reading blogs in the fall and was revisiting the same ones so often that friendships began to form and blog authors convinced me to start my own. I started my own blog in October 2008.

What is your blogging style?
I would say it's playful.

Do you make money from your blog?
Not yet but there's always tomorrow.

What do you do to network/promote your blog to bring in readers?
I still love reading other people's blogs so I spend a lot of time doing that and getting to know people that way. I also have joined some of the social groups designed to bring mom bloggers together like Twitter Moms.

How frequently do you post?
I post every day and sometimes more than once.

Do you have a favorite blogger(s) that you just can't live without reading?
I have a handful of them but not one in particular.

What do you recommend to blog about?
If it's important to you, share it! If you have helpful knowledge in a particular area, there's always someone out there who is interested. I think it's great when bloggers can specialize into a niche.

Have your readers influenced you in any way?

They keep me posting. They're nice enough to comment and come back again and again so I try to give them something new to read. My readers become my friends.

Has blogging changed your life in any way?
It's created a nice outlet for writing and it's added some fun friendships to my life.

What do you do when you get writer's block?
I try to stay off the computer and enjoy more of life. Life's experiences are what provides my material so I need to be out there!

Any other advice you might have for newbie bloggers?
Bloggers are friendly and are more than happy to share advice and tips. Don't be afraid to reach out and ask questions.

Do you blog?
I'm looking for other bloggers to bug, so if you would like to be interviewed, please leave a comment!
(Do you make money from your blog? Yes? Please contact me for a special interview and a feature in an article!)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love to meet new bloggers - I'll check her out!

Unknown said...

blueviolet (Elizabeth!) is a great blogger to spotlight. She is a fabulous commenter and fun blogger!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the interview, Tess! I'm going to go make a post about it now. :)

Amanda X said...

I love blueviolet! And what a great idea with the interviews.

You've got a new follower :)

Jennifer said...

Fabulous interview and an excellent choice. :)

Heatherlyn said...

I love blueviolet too. She is one of the most thoughtful bloggers. What a neat idea for you to interview different bloggers. Great site!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I love blueviolet too. She is a fabulous writer and very funny as well. She also really shares the love with her comments.

Jess NBP said...

Wonderful interview. I've recently started reading her blog and she's funny.

Jess NBP said...

and if you're looking for a new face for next week I'd be happy to. :)

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Yay! I heart Blue Violet...such a great, fun blogger and sincere commenter. Thanks for interviewing her, it was nice learning a bit more about her.

Anonymous said...

Isn't she just the cats meow?
So creative, interesting and engaging.

Dee said...

Aww! I love her too! Great job!

TeachinAuntie said...

Yay! I love Blueviolet too! She's such a sweet commenter!

*Just Jen* said...

Can I have her autograph? :-)

Diane said...

I LOVE HER TOO! She's the BEST! Cool idea, doing the interviews!

Jenni said...

I love her blog!!! Great interview!