Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Words with a Blogger Wednesday

Wednesday already?
That means it's Words with a Blogger Wednesday!
This week's blogger is...
Hi! I’m Angela Sackett.

When did you start blogging?
About a year ago – I’d been wanting to write more, and it was a way to have “external motivation,” as a friend calls it, to get writing!

Tell us about what kind of blog you have and what made you decide to run a blog like this?
I actually have three – a family blog, a devotional blog ( which I don’t keep up with as much!) and more recently, a blog for my photography. For my family blog, I wanted to “see life as God sees it…” I wanna be a fun mom, I wanna dance more, and I wanna live more in the moment. I’m hoping that as I chronicle that, other women, especially, will be encouraged in their journey! I blog about food, kids, homeschooling, devotional stuff… hopefully some of it is funny, and some of it is challenging and deep! I’m kind of a mish-mosh of different moods, and I think my blog reflects that.
Do you make money from your blog?
Not yet – I want to some day!
How frequently do you post?
Currently a couple of times a week. I’d like to be posting about every other day.
Do you have a favorite blogger(s) that you just can't live without reading?
For absolutely sure, Snippets From Suburbia. I also love Pioneer Woman, and Turquoise Gates is a blog I would beg every woman I know to read!

Have your readers influenced you in any way?
YES!!! Comments in response to what I write challenge me to re-think what I so passionately pour out. I’m encouraged to look at things differently, and I am encouraged to keep going!
Has blogging changed your life in any way?
Abso-schmootly! Blogging has made me more aware of everyday moments, because I’m thinking about how I’ll chronicle them. I think it also challenges me to see “deeper” into everyday events, in hopes that what I see will resonate with someone.
What do you do when you get writer's block?
Sleep! (But not much.) I love to read, too… I’m a fiction (I like Christian fiction, historical fiction, and I read a ton of devotional and photography books!) junkie, and I am a blog junkie. It’s often when I’m reading other bloggers that I’m inspired to write about a topic from my own perspective.
Any other advice you might have for newbie bloggers?
Write, write, and write! Read what others write. I think the “blog revolution” (is that a real phrase?) is such a phenomenon largely because it connects us to others we might never meet. When we read about others’ experiences, whether they’re familiar to us or shockingly different, it challenges us to “go deeper” into our own life experience. A good friend challenged me once, “When life gets really hard, imagine it like a music video, with awesome music playing as the scenes go by.” Blogging helps me do that – when I read what I’ve written, I reflect, and my focus is on the sweetness of it all!

Would you like to be my next victim-er, I mean interview? Comment on this post and I will stalk you and peek in your windows to watch your family eat dinner just like the Australian guy that follows that gecko character -Or, I'll just send you an email with a list of interview questions for you to answer.

6 comments:

Fearless Mom said...

interesting interview. i will definitely check her out.

Brenda @ Tie That Binds Us said...

I'm kindof scared to leave a comment, in fear of being stalked. I like to do the stalking usually, but here it goes! Angela has remained on my "follow" list since day 1. I love to see pictures that she takes and read what she writes. There is always something refreshing on her blog (and I'm not biased because she's my friend). Great interview, and I contest that every word is true!

Dana said...

thanks for the tag!!! i started bloggin for the same reasons!!!

For Such A Time As This said...

Great interview Angela! I love her blog and love the encouragement I read there! And since I know her personally, I love keeping up with the kids and family since we don't live close anymore! :( Great job!!

Tami said...

a woman of many talents but still fun! nice interview.......

Courtney said...

I will have to read her blog, I am always looking for new ones!