Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Bewitched

In recent post, I talked about our little shopping trip that we took in a nearby town. I had mentioned how they had a carousal and how Emily fell in love with it after she realized that she would not fly off of it and die a tragic death. I had also said how I dreaded facing her the day after when I knew that she would be dreaming of riding that dang thing and that unfortunately, we didn't have one. Not one in our whole city, unless it's fair time-WHICH, I do not go to for fear of cow pies flying at me at incredible speeds.

Sure enough, when she woke up the next day, she jumped out of bed with stars in her eyes and a big grin from ear to ear. As soon as she opened her mouth, I knew what was coming out-I want to ride the carousal, Mom! Can we? Can we? Can we go to the far away mall again TODAAAY???
I had to explain to her that no, we couldn't go there today but that we plan on going back again before it gets cold out.

"But, why don't we have one at our mall?" she asked as her grin quickly turned into a frown.

"Because they are clueless to what little girls need at malls," I answered.

"Well, you can make them put one there, couldn't you?" she asked.

"I don't think I could make them," I replied.

"Daddy says you have witch powers. Can you please use it to make one appear? Please?"

I laughed and then made a mental note to whip my husband's butt later. "Ok, I'll try to use my witch powers and try to make one appear, but I can't make any promises. I've used alot of it up trying to make a big green wart appear on your father's bottom."

I proceeded to pretend to use my "witch powers" to wish for a carousal in our mall and until she seemed satisfied and told her that next time we go to the mall we would check and see if one appeared.

A couple of days passed and I totally forgot all about the carousal when we decided to go to the mall. We were walking down the mall when Emily stopped dead in her tracks and screamed, "Look Mom! A carousal!"

Holy Toledo! There stood a carousal by the food court just like the one she rode at the other mall. I about peed my pants. I couldn't believe that they actually put one up.

Emily suddenly turned around and looked up at me all serious and wide eyed and quietly whispered, "You DO have witch powers."

Hmm, maybe I should check the hubby's butt...

9 comments:

Aim said...

that is too funny! at our house it's called "magic mommy powers" but it's basically the same thing. :-)

Buckeroomama said...

LOL! Love this post. :)

The Four Week Vegan said...

Holy molie!!! Would you witch me million dollars, please ;)

Molly said...

My son used to think I had witch powers too! Nice thing to have when they are young-because they are convinced you will know because of your "powers"!

Keep it up mama.

KarieK said...

Yes I love those witchy powers!! Next time the hubs asks why you haven't cleaned just let him know that you and your broom stick were taking a ride around the neighborhood. I told mine that...witch comments be gone. LOL

I still love carousels, I just am so afraid of high speed puking.

Karie

Creative Junkie said...

Holy smokes - can you concentrate really really hard on a new pair of skinny thighs for me?

Cinder Rail'lee said...

LOL, that's funny. ADORABLE post

***Sharon*** said...

Hi! Following you via MBC! As beautiful as the mall carousels are I try to avoid them. My kids can't get enough of them! Would love some of those witchy powers you have!

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

LOL!!!!!!! This gave me the best laugh of the week. Witch powers. I bet you have eyes in the back of your head too!!