Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's here! It's here!

After waiting and waiting, I finally received my new lens. I have to say, this is a most awesome lens. It's a f 1.4 50mm lens and I have been wanting one for some time now. Now, I can die with a smile on my face. Not really. I would also need to win the lottery, buy a big huge house and write four best selling novels first.
Anyway, I love it and I have been practising with it ever since I got it.

Here are some pics I took:


Normally, I would use my telephoto lens for this effect and have to stand about a mile away. But, not anymore.



Love the background blur without any effort.

I love the fact that you don't need flash to use it indoors, which will help me with photo shoots.


Emily was about done with having me stick the camera in her face, so I moved on to other subjects.

Like Zach.



He too, eventually told me that I gotta go, so I moved on...


Even Barbie's toilet seat made a cool photo...

Ok, maybe I was running out of subjects after awhile.

11 comments:

Hit 40 said...

Great lens for close ups!! Nice.

Your children are beautiful!!!

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

Oh wow! That is so awesome!

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

Wow I am jealous. That has been on my list for awhile! Awesome!

Cinder Rail'lee said...

Great photos!!!

Helene said...

Nice....very nice!!! You are super talented with a camera. All my shots are always blurry!

The Four Week Vegan said...

Congrats on your new lens. The photos are very crisp. Have fun!

Veronica Lee said...

Your kids are beautiful and those pics are awesome!!

Creative Junkie said...

*sigh* ... I'm about green with envy. Still waiting to get a D90 and that lens is one of the many I covet.

Great shots, Tess! LOVE that last one!

Unknown said...

LOL! Even my pets run when they hear the camera turn on!

Native American Momma said...

haha looks like you had tons of fun with the new lens. What great effects it has

Zelna said...

great pics, congratulations on that lens. i hope you get time to sit down and write that novel.