Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Words with a Blogger Wednesday


I'm back!!!!
Just in time forrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......
Words with a Blogger Wednesday!
This week's blogger is a very cool one. Of course, I love those foodie blogs!
Meet Shaina from

Tell us about you and your wonderful blog:

I'm a work-at-home mom to four. I am a home cook and wannabe photographer, and I share recipes, tips, opinions and my philosophy on food as I wade through the process of feeding my family, her friends and anyone else who will let me at Food for My Family.
I grew up eating my Yugoslavian-born grandma's made-from-scratch cooking and baking, which is where my interest in all things food began. I married my husband, Ole, and he shares in my interest.

When did you start blogging?
I first started blogging for my job with two of my virtual coworkers, Tara from Deal Seeking Mom and Mandi from Organizing Your Way, a year and a half ago. I finally got around to starting my own personal blog in March of 2009.

Do you make money from your blog?
I make next to nothing at this point. I don't run ads or have sponsors, but I have some income through Amazon sales. I would like to have my blog be profitable at some point, but right now I'm focused on figuring out my niche and where I'm going with it.


How frequently do you post?
I have generally been posting three times a week this summer, but I'll be ramping up to four with school starting soon.

Do you have a favorite blogger(s) that you just can't live without reading?
I have so many I can't even begin to list them, but I love the photo tips at Digital Photography School, and I'm also a big fan of The Pioneer Woman (for her love of food and photography, of course). On the kitchen front alone, Deb at Smitten Kitchen and then, you know, there's Steamy Kitchen, David Lebovitz, Noble Pig and so many more that it really isn't fair that I haven't mentioned all of them as well.

Have your readers influenced you in any way?
If my readers comment on particular recipes, then I try to offer more in a similar vein. My friends and relatives will also mention what they like or don't like, and I try to take their constructive criticism and figure out what, if anything, needs to be different.

What do you do when you get writer's block?
I read other blogs or I read a book. Reading helps me figure out where my voice is by hearing other people's voices. I try to read people I know have engaging writing where you just can't put the book down to navigate away from their blog page.


Any other advice you might have for newbie bloggers?
I don't know that I'm qualified to answer that question, but I say just start writing. The most important part about a blog – and the hardest – is getting good content up. Get in the habit of making your blog a priority and not just something you do when you have the time or get around to it.

2 comments:

The Four Week Vegan said...

Thanks for spotlighting blogs. I love visiting new ones. I am off to check this one out.

Liz Mays said...

This sounds like a blog worth checking out! Thanks for the interview, Tess.