Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, August 14, 2009

More scars from our trip

While at that mall on Sunday, I also encountered another "lovely" experience. Let me start by telling you that I'm a big Twilight fan. I loved the books, I loved the movie and I love the actors. I love it so much, that I've acquired some Twilight merchandise. My hubby got me a tshirt that I like to wear-is this childish?

I wore it on our trip and while I was thinking it was a pretty cool shirt, apparently I must be too old to wear it. At least according to a check out girl at Target. We went to check out a Barbie item for Emily, and when it was our turn, the girl looks at my shirt and then at me and then at my kids. She smiled at me and says, You are the first mom I've seen wear a Twilight shirt. I was all like, huh? A mom. Wearing a Twilight shirt. Is this not right? I made some comment like, Uh, yeah. I'm a cool mom. She proceeded to laugh and say, Yeah.

I finished checking out and then I started getting all paranoid. Is that young couple over there pointing and laughing at me? Wait. Did those college kids just say something about my shirt? Oh my. Get me to the nearest JcPenney so I can buy a polo shirt, or a flowered shirt, or whatever the hell a MOM is supposed to wear.

I'm not sure if I will wear my cool Twilight shirt again unless it's around the house. But even then, if the mailman sees me with my favorite shirt on, he might laugh at me. I guess I'll just have to start wearing a robe and curlers in my hair and leave the "coolness" to the kids.

10 comments:

Hit 40 said...

I have seen a lot of mommy bloggers that love twilight!! Ignore the silly ignorant clerk.

Aim said...

Tess, no worries. I see moms in Twilight shirts all the time. Maybe they were just jealous.

The Hall Family said...

I love your blog. I found you on MBC. I agree with everyone else about the Twilight shirt. If you like it and your kids aren't crawling under the table in embarrasment (or even if they are) then I say go for it.

Ella Cne' said...

Hey! I might have to find that Target girl and give her a stern talking to, maybe a bug bit her in the wrong place that day. By and by, I am a twilight nerd, my mother is a twilight nerd, and ALL of my techers of the female sex and one of my male coaches are ALL Twilight nerds...and just so you don't mistake 'nerd' as an insult, we are all PROUD of it and where Twilight shirts of various shades, shapes, and sayings. :)
No worries, Tess, that girl obviously held a grudge because HER mom liked Twilight while it just reminded that poor girl of a past boyfriend.
You wear that shirt.
Be a proud Twilight mom. :)


P.S. My mom has a shirt that say,

"Yeah, I'm a twilight mom
Yeah, I love Edward
Don't tell my husband."

lol I love it.

Michelle J said...

My daughter LOVES Twilight and I am getting to like it myself. I say wear your shirt proudly and who cares what anyone says.

Kylie tells me all the time I am in some sort of age denial because I wear clothes that are in the Juniors section! I wouldn't have it any other way!

Anonymous said...

i love twilight too...ignore the ignorants..

ConnieFoggles said...

Don't let anyone make you think that you're too old for anything. I say, "You go girl!"

TwentySomethingMomma said...

Just wandering in from the MBC. It's nice to "meet" you!

(BTW, I'm now following you!)

=)

Creative Junkie said...

Wear it loud and wear it proud, Tess!

Native American Momma said...

Yeah us moms shouldn't go to rock concerts either right, it isn't like we die inside just because we became a mom.