Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Concentrate on the concentration.

I haven't written much lately about the hubby and that's probably because we haven't seen too much of each other in the last couple of weeks with both of our schedules. Does that mean that he hasn't been able to do "hubby stuff" that makes me roll my eyes? Of course not.

Let me tell you something about him. He has his typical male thinking when it comes to certain things. Don't get me wrong, I'll take the things that he's picked that shouts out, I'M AM A MAN, HEAR ME ROAR! over what could be worse. Like, he doesn't leave the toilet seat up, but he leaves his underwear on the bathroom floor. He doesn't oogle over big busted women (at least not in front of me) but he'll play computer games until 1 a.m. He doesn't read the directions on how to put something together, but he still puts it together backwards.

I can handle those, but there is one thing that drives me crazy. I like to buy things in the concentrated form. They are smaller bottles and supposed to last longer and I think cheaper. Well with our busy schedules, he has stepped up a bit to help with household tasks. This, I am grateful but I still want to kill the guy. Anyway, while I was away shooting a wedding, he decided to wash the dishes. We are one of those unfortunate souls who still don't have a dishwasher. I know, I hear you saying, That poor lady. How does she ever survive? So, that was all great except for when I went to wash the breakfast dishes the next day, the dish soap was gone. Gone. That bottle was almost full when I left.

I walked up to him with the empty bottle and asked, "Did you volunteer to do the neighbors dishes too or did you think it looked like green koolaid and drank it? Concentrated, Honey. Do you know what that means?"

The next day was laundry day and he actually likes to do his work clothes because I have a habit of shrinking clothes. It's a curse of mine that goes along with bleach stains which is strange because half the time we don't even have bleach in the house. So, he went first and got all his clothes done. I went later and when I lifted the bottle, it was light as a feather. Is this man trying to drive me mad? I screamed into the dirty clothes and marched upstairs and said to him, "Concentrated, Honey. Do you know what that means?"

Yesterday, I found out that he had given the dog a bath while I was gone at the wedding and I was shocked, but happy because she needed it, but when I went to clean the bathroom and picked up the bottle it was empty. I screamed again and with the empty bottle in my hand, I marched up to him and bopped him on the head with it.

He looked at me and slowly asked, "Concentrated?"
I replied, "No. This shampoo cost fifteen bucks!"
Men.

11 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee said...

LOL.

Men. Are. Slow.

heh heh

The Four Week Vegan said...

LOL - husbands can be frustrating, but so worth it :)

MoonNStarMommy said...

LOLOL.... they try so hard... I donno what is better, their "trying" to help and doing it wrong.... or us being irritated cuz they don't... either way, we're irritated, so they might as well get something done along with it... lol..

Buckeroomama said...

I'm pretty sure he gets it now. Heh.

Computer games until 1am? Sounds familiar.

Jenjen @GottaLoveMom said...

adorable...gotta love their efforts, though!

Kimberly@PrettyPinkMomma said...

LOL! Oh my I hear you! My hubs drives me crazy with his unwillingness to follow simple directions. One of my biggest pet peeves with him right now is asking him to complete certain household tasks and when I come home he has completed ten other less important tasks and isn't sure why I'm ticked! This happens every weekend without fail. Men!

Liz Mays said...

I love that you bopped him on the head! Men are so dense sometimes.

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

Tess- That is such a typical man thing. I love that you bopped him over the head with the bottle. LOL at this one. I look forward to following your blog.

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

Men!! Can't live with them and you can't live without them. I'm proud of your restraint in only bopping him on the head with the empty bottle. Thanks for the laugh.

Creative Junkie said...

OMG - I could have written this! I swear to GOD, I have mini-heart attacks those few times my husband actually refills a dispenser of any kind.

(psssst - I'm having a giveaway on my blog - your ears will be very happy!)

Jennifer said...

LOL!!! At least he uses soap!... Don't even get me started on my husband... ;-)