Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Is it Monday? Crap, it's Tuesday already.

I can't believe that the weekend is over and I totally missed Monday. I've been working hard on my book and I have companies at my heels, waiting for my reviews to be posted. I've been dealing with an unplanned crisis. Friday, I had woke up with pain in my jaw and my gums all swollen by my jaw. I called the dentist, hoping to just get some medicine called in, but they wanted to see me right away.
I have to tell you that I'm not one that likes to have the dentist poke and pry at my teeth. Especially when there's definitely something wrong. To me that spells N-E-E-D-L-E-S. I HATE NEEDLES. I'd rather stay home and deal with the pain than get it fixed. I'm real bad about that. But, after getting yelled at by the hubby, I still went.
As I suspected, I had an infection from something getting stuck in part of my tooth that had broken way back-that I never had fixed because it was way back in my mouth. So, they fixed everything and put me on antibiotics and sent me home. Yes, I had to deal with it for our trip and it did put a bit of a damper on my good time. Today, I still sit here hurting, so I'm wondering if I will have to go back to see if they have to do more work.
So, yes, I'm still alive (thanks Sis, for checking in) and trying real hard to concentrate on working because it's really hard to do anything mentally when you have sharp, pulsating pain shooting up your jaw. As I edit my novel, I'm tempted to change the story to someone stalking a dentist for all the needles he's stuck in her mouth.

5 comments:

Lee said...

Glad to know you aren't really six feet under!

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Glad to see I am not the only one who fears the dentist. Maybe I can talk myself into going soon. ;-)

sheila said...

I almost didn't read this for fear of jinxing myself with a dental problem. Glad you're okay.

Nothing much happened on monday anyhoo, so ya didn't miss much I'm sure. lol

The Four Week Vegan said...

Ouch! If your still hurting you should call the dentist. I think dentist needles are the worst!

Creative Junkie said...

UGH. From my whopping cold sores, I know whereof you speak - pain in your mouth is just awful.

I hope you feel better soon!