Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hello, World? Are you out there?

Yesterday I was informed by my Internet provider that they were adding exciting and wonderful things to our email during the next couple of days. They said not to worry, our emails will not be lost in the process and will be sent asap during this magnificent transformation.

All I heard was DON'T WORRY, WE WILL BE HOLDING ONTO YOUR EMAILS FOR ETERNITY WHILE WE DO SOMETHING STUPID THAT YOU PROBABLY WON'T EVEN USE.

You see, I cannot live without my email and Internet. Not for one hour. Not for one day. When I first checked my email this morning, one little email snuck through. I knew this was wrong, for I usually get at least fifteen or more at the start of my day.

I could feel my throat tighten as I hit the send/receive button again, hoping for some Internet heaven miracle. Nothing. In fact, my email barked, "Do you really think that you are getting your email? Bahaaaaa!!!!"

Sure, this could only be a couple of days, but don't they realize that I may be dead by then? I need to fill out their complaint form, asking them the following:

How can I enjoy your fabulous newly serviced email system if I've gone mad, waiting for my email? Please forward my emails that you are holding for ransom to the bottom of the muddy Mississippi, where I will be after jumping off a bridge. Have a nice day.

13 comments:

2Wired2Tired said...

Good luck. I hope everything works out for you. What a pain!

Liz Mays said...

I have yet to find a change Comcast has made that I enjoy.

Lee said...

I hope they come through soon, I hear the bottom of the Mississippi River is a pretty gross place.

Buckeroomama said...

I'd have serious withdrawal symptoms if I'm not online for even an hour.

ConnieFoggles said...

I can't imagine being without email for any length of time. It's a crime I tell you!

Katrina said...

I just had updates done to my e-mail account and now random e-mails I saved are being deleted. It's so frustrating!

Aim said...

That's funny stuff (not the ransom but your take on it)...I always hate updates.

Creative Junkie said...

you sound just like me! I have no idea how I survived without the Internet and email. Whenever our connection fails or whatever ... I basically have a nervous breakdown until it's fixed, calling my husband every five minutes to yell THE INTERNET IS BROKEN, DO SOMETHING.

The Four Week Vegan said...

I have so been there. Shoot we were without internet at all last year at this time for two weeks and then we piggy backed on our neighbors because I was going bonkers - just until the internet company figured their you know what out.

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Every time I turn around our ISP is changing they way my email looks. By the time I get use to it, they change it again!

Unknown said...

Oh I totally know how it feels.. It's crazy!

Found you from MBC, I'm now a follower.

Good day!

Stephanie said...

eek! Stressful!

More Than Words said...

I hear ya! I don't know what I'd do w/out my computer! LOL