Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How many days til Christmas?

Is it Christmas yet?

Please say it's so. I'm not trying to turn into the Grinch, but I'm ready for Christmas to be here because...

I'm ready to take down the tree that's been up since Thanksgiving.

I'm ready to get my living room back and be able to use the dvd player without moving twenty presents to get to it.

I'm done using "Santa won't bring you any presents if..."

I'm tired of emptying the bank account by buying present after present.

I'm ready to find out what that special present that the hubby got me and hope it's not a new frying pan.

I'm done eating Christmas cookies and watching as my tummy starts to hang over my jeans.

I'm ready to have a day off.

I'm done watching every Christmas movie possible-ok, that one's my fault.

And finally, I'm ready for Christmas to be over so I can have some much needed champagne on New Year's Eve!

16 comments:

sheila said...

lol! great list! So far, I'm enjoying a VERY clean house! lol (we're hosting the dinner this year). I'll be happy when that part is over. (the dinner, not the cleanhouse, lol)

The Four Week Vegan said...

Hehehe, I can see why you would want it to be here and gone. I happen to want it to stay a couple of weeks longer. I just love having my high schoolers on winter break, listening to Christmas songs all day long, and Christmas lights make me so happy.

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

It's funny that we spend some much time getting ready and then it's over so quickly. I'm about done with the pine needles.

MoonNStarMommy said...

I know the feeling .. LOL

Susie said...

I does get a little old after a while doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

...especially the one about Santa wont bring you any presents..and my kids are 17 and 20...it does get a bit draining ..right..!!I think its more the climate of society than the holiday..it didnt used to be this way..at least in my feeble memory..!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am ready as well...but why wait for Champagne...celebrate today!!!!

bodoba said...

I don't blame you, it's very overwhelming sometimes.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Nice list! I am ready for it to be here too.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stephanie said...

Oh I am so with you on the emptying the bank account! And it's not just the gifts! Don't the grocery bills seem to sky rocket at this time of year too?

debi9kids said...

Oh boy! I am feeling that exhaustion as well...
I'm ready for it too!

Buckeroomama said...

I'm sure my kids would LOVE for Christmas to be here already.. for different reasons, I'm sure. :)

Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by the other day. I think I am with you I am done with all of the Christmas stuff. I am on my last day of cookie making.. Have a great holiday..

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

It's not that I want Christmas to be over, but it will mean we are that much closer to the kids going back to school & I need that light at the end of the tunnel sometimes.

Holly Lefevre said...

Good points! I always am excited to get the tree and then the needles start falling off and it drives me nuts and by the day after Christmas I am DONE!

I am also done with goodies and cookies...yummy, but yikes!