Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Surviving Christmas

I'm back.
Are you?
Did you have a great Christmas?
I did.
Santa was very good to me.
In fact, I'm typing on my new laptop he gave me right now. He also got me a bunch of other things too.
I think he's kinda cute too. He looks alot like my hubby and I'm allowed to kiss him too.
We survived Christmas and even Mother Nature gave us a nice present. She didn't bring us our big snow storm until Christmas evening, after all our visits were done and we were tucked away in our home.
We awoke to this.

And this.

I guess some people like a white Christmas.

I do when I don't have to drive in it.

I promise that I won't post anymore snow photos-at least for awhile.

Now that all the presents are opened, I can relax. Emily got that Nintendo DS she wanted and Jordon got a crap load of video games. Jessica's favorite present was the thingy-job that allows her to get digital TV and Zach was just happy to be able to rip things open.

I had the hubby fooled big time this Christmas. I had him thinking that his present wasn't coming until Christmas morning. He was all worried. He was all freaking out. He just KNEW that nobody delivers on Christmas day and he wasn't getting anything. Poor thing. Little did he know, I had his new four thousand feet long keyboard hidden in my son's closet.

I'm so bad, I'm good.

But, what have I done?

Now, I get to hear a husband try to learn how to play a keyboard all the time. I think that he'll be getting a nice pair of headphones for his birthday.

Now, I'm going to go put my new vacuum together that the hubby also got me.

Good thing he got me the laptop too or he'd be playing that keyboard in the garage.

11 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

Glad to hear that you all had a great Christmas! :)

Here's to an even better 2010.

The Four Week Vegan said...

Beautiful pics. Santa has your number with that laptop - YAY! When is hubby's bday, perhaps he really needs a New Year's gift of headphones, just a thought.

Creative Junkie said...

ROTF about the laptop and the vacuum - unless it was a Dyson? Because honestly, Dyson is a sexy vacuum cleaner. And no, I never thought I'd put "vacuum" and "sexy" in the same sentence.

Stephanie said...

Oh Santa was good to you! I got a new netbook and have to admit I love the wee little thing:)

Menopausal New Mom said...

Good for you, a laptop! You must have been a good girl in 2009 to score that great gift!! I'd love one, I could blog from anywhere in the house or outside of the house and not have to wait for my turn at the computer!!! Cute trick to play on hubby hiding the keyboard like that. Loved it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun to me...Congrats on your new laptop...I know you will enjoy bloggin on it...and I like your snow pics..!!

Veronica Lee said...

Beautiful pics as always, Tess! LOL, glad you were on Santa's 'good' list!

Happy Holidays!!

Blond Duck said...

It sounds like you had a great Christmas!

My Trendy Tykes said...

We never get snow on Christmas....

Very pretty though!

ConnieFoggles said...

Tess, I just loved that about your husband and the garage! My husband's second home is the garage and it's because he likes it out there. A man cave I call it. Glad to hear that you were good and Santa treated you and the children well. Happy New Year!

eight helping hands said...

Good to hear you had a good Christmas! Santa was good to me too! Didn't get my new laptop, but oh well. Maybe for my birthday. I did get a new Carpet cleaner. Woo hoo???
Hope you have a Happy New Year.
P.S. My new blog post is kind of alarming. I'm going thru what my doctor calls emotional overload and has caused me a slight depression. I'm already coming back on track to the old me.