Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Dreams of a Masquerade Ball-Beautiful Masks

When I was little, I was always mesmerized by masquerade masks. A friend of mine parents collected masks and when I went to her house, I would always go into their bedroom to see all the masks hanging on the wall. I love how mysterious they are and beautiful. I always thought it would be fun to go to a Masquerade ball.



When I had the opportunity to check out 1001Venetian Masks, I was thrilled. They have beautiful Venetian Masks that are very colorful and beautiful. They even have Full Face Masks that really pop out. These masks make great decorations or if you do need a mask for an event, this site has many to choose from, like Galletto, Incas, Jolly, Velvet and Zanni-Nazo.



I even learned a few things about Venetian Masks:

Different types:

Bauta- mask covering the entire face

Columbine- half mask usually tied with a ribbon

Medico Della Peste- also known as the plague doctor has a long beak

Moretta- an oval mask usually made of black velvet.




You can visit their site and find out about the different types of masks and what they are used for. How cool, right?

So, if you've ever been curious about learning about Venetian and Masquerade masks or want to purchase one, visit 1001 Venetian Masks today!

0 comments: