Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Project Mom. A reality show for bloggers-Really?

I recently came across a blogger bashing Project Mom. I shook my head in agreement and then blurted out to my monitor, What the heck is Project Mom?

I looked into it further and discovered that I have been living under a rock. Apparently, someone thought it would be a good idea to make a reality show out of bloggers. Really? How could this work? I mean, what would this half an hour (or hour) consist of-a mom typing away on her computer? Blogging is not a sport. There is no action. Or even sound. If they want to base it on blogging then it needs to be about blogging. Type. Type. Type. Type. End of show.

Other then that, it's basically about a mom (or moms), which we already have enough reality shows about moms caring for their children. I suppose if they included the mom blogger going to a blogging conference, that could be exciting since I've never been to one.
I visited the Project Mom Facebook page and found out that casting will only be held at Blogher conference-how unfair it this to bloggers who can't afford to go?

I also see a discrimination to the not-so-popular bloggers and the "big wig" bloggers stealing the show. I hear there is a hefty pay involved for anyone that the show picks-average bloggers should be given a shot and not have everything handed to the big time bloggys as usual.

Will I watch this if it does end up happening? Probably, out of curiosity. Then I'll jump back onto my computer and go back to my blogging-without a camera watching every keystroke I make.

6 comments:

Aim said...

that sounds like a really weird show. I can't imagine that it would ever work. hmmmm

Amanda said...

seems like they are running out of things to make reality tv about

Crystal Escobar said...

oh my gosh, that is so funny!!! I must be living under a rock as well, I hadn't even heard of this. Yah, you're right though, what is the show going to be about? A mom, sitting at her computer. Well, I'd watch it too I guess, just to see what kind of footage they come up with.

Getrealmommy said...

That sounds like a very boring show. I wish they would hire me.

Creative Junkie said...

I've heard of this and I think it's an interesting concept but it depends entirely on how it's executed. And I hope they portray bloggers in a good light but reality TV has shown that *that* does not make for good TV.

secret agent woman said...

I can't imagine being interested in tat - I like knowing bloggers through their blogs.