Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, June 29, 2009

A late night Friday

Friday night, when it was time to get ready for bed, my youngest was told to go brush her teeth. She seemed to want to do anything but brush her teeth. She slowly walked down the hall and instantly became distracted by a toy in the hallway and started playing with it. I asked her again to please go brush her teeth. Once again, she started towards the bathroom and then stopped at the door which has a mirror on it and decided to pretend she was "acting" out a princess scene to the mirror.
I patiently waited and then asked her again to please go brush her teeth. She finally made it into the bathroom this time and got her stool out and stood on it. She turned on the water and there must of been something stuck in the drain because the water got stopped up and quickly filled the sink. She giggled and started splashing her hands in the sink. I sighed and asked her to not play in the sink because she would have slippery hands and might fall off the stool. She continued to ignore me until I finally raised my voice and told her that she needs to stop doing that because it was dangerous to play on the stool and please brush her teeth.
She finally stopped and said, "FINE!" and slammed her wet hands down on the sink. With that, the stool went backwards and of course her wet hands could not stop her and neither could I because I wasn't close enough to do so.
Down she went, face first on the counter and then backwards onto the floor. I swooped her up and then saw the blood come from her mouth. After handing her to my husband because I freak out over any blood coming from any part of my children, we discovered she had bit her cheek and left a big gash on her face with a fat lip also. Of course I was out of first aid supplies and after we decided that she probably didn't need stitches, we ran over to Walmart and picked up a box of those butterfly band aid things. We bandaged her up and her dad called her Rocky and sent her to bed.

The next day, this is what she looked like.


The photos make it look better than it was. She still has a fat lip and the gash is right on the crease of her mouth which may be a good thing, I don't know. I just hope it doesn't scar.

I forgot to mention that right after her mishap, I told her, See? If you would've listened to me you wouldn't of got hurt.

The rest of the weekend, whenever she was misbehaving or doing something that could potentially get her hurt, I would bring up how I was right and she should listen to me. This worked like a charm and I didn't have to yell a million times, "Don't do that, you might get hurt!" Nope. I only had to say it once and give her a look and she would stop. I plan on using this to my advantage for as long as it works. It's my right as a mom to do so-it's in the mom manual you know.

8 comments:

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

I didn't notice til you pointed it out!

Cinder Rail'lee said...

I didn't notice it either. She's beautiful.

You did a great job bandaging her up!

The Four Week Vegan said...

Ouch! Sometimes they have to learn the hard way and give us a heart attack in the process. It really doesn't look bad.

Creative Junkie said...

Awww - poor thing! Hope she feels better soon. That photo is beautiful and if I hadn't just read your post, I would never have known about the accident!

Hit 40 said...

Did she ever brush??????

Nanny Dee said...

Hi Tess -- stopping by and following from MBC's "under 100" group, but I'm sure you've passed that by now!

Great photographs of your family -- love the Hallmark card!

Dee
http://newenglandnanny.blogspot.com/

Liz Mays said...

Your daughter is beautiful! I think that will heal up ok. No worries. :)

ConnieFoggles said...

Poor baby! I would have said the same thing after it happened too and would have sounded just like my Mom. LOL.