Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Words with a Blogger Wednesday

Words with a Blogger Wednesday
Today's blogger is a blogger friend of mine and faithful reader:
Cheryl from Too Many Hats
Please tell us about you and your blog:
Too Many Hats is just my musings. Sometimes it is funny things the kids have done, sometimes it is about what drives me crazy, sometimes it is bragging on my family, you never know what you will find there. I am a wife and a SAHM of three (Rebecca-16, David-13, and Andrew-12). I home schooled all three until Rebecca left the home school nest three years ago to go to a school of the arts for opera. Her brother, David, will join her at that school this coming fall and I will only have Andrew in my little school. I am a Christian, a LOST fanatic, and of course I wear many hats in our household - accountant, cook, maid, scouter, lover of all things Dr. Seuss, chauffeur, teacher, girlfriend to my husband, and the list goes on.


When did you start blogging?
September 20, 2008 - not even a year yet. I was on Twitter @TooManyHats and everyone kept asking me if I had a blog, which I didn't. I started visiting my Twitter friends' blogs and seeing what this whole blog thing was about - okay I was a little behind the times then. I made some really helpful friends on Twitter and they encouraged, guided, and got me started with my blog.


Do you make money from your blog?
Nope, not a cent. I have no plans to monetize it anytime in the future.

How frequently do you post?
Whenever the bug bites. I would say at least 3 times a week, but often more. I have done NaBloPoMo a couple of times which means posting everyday for a month. That is fun, but by the end of the month I am ready for a break.


Do you have a favorite blogger(s) that you just can't live without reading?
Besides, your blog, I have an eclectic mix of favorites - keeps life interesting. Journey2Learn - she is one of those Twitter pals that was such an encouragement to me in the beginning, and still. Not Your Average Soccer Mom - she is blunt and funny. Becoming Me - she is a a wonderful writer and all her posts relate to her Christian beliefs. Get Lost with JOpinionated - she blogs about my favorite show LOST - she has great insights, crazy theories, and NO spoilers. Havoc and Mayhem - we may not share the same beliefs or hobbies, but I enjoy her blog about her life, kids, and interests. I could go on and on. I read through the blog roll on my blog almost everyday - well at least the new posts. Check them all out!


Have your readers influenced you in any way?
Hmmm...when I started I thought, who is going to want to read about boring ole me. Every comment is like my fix. I don't get tons, but each one is so appreciated and it encourages me to keep posting. I learned that being a SAHM is a pretty cool thing. I love visiting my readers' blogs and learning about their daily lives. While the blogosphere is really huge, individual blogs are very intimate.


Has blogging changed your life in any way?
I'm not sure, sometimes it is that much needed outlet which is good. It has connected me to people I would never have met in real life, which is awesome. It is the first thing I log onto in the morning - the way I start my day. Now that I think about it, it has not changed my life, but it has certainly enhanced it.


What do you do when you get writer's block?
Well, if it is a NaBloPoMo that I am participating in, you will find much shorter posts that day or even a blog quiz. On regular months, I just don't post that day. I am not a writer and don't even play one on my blog, so skipping a couple of days here and there is okay withe me.



Any other advice you might have for newbie bloggers?
Your voice matters. Let me know who you are, so I can visit you. If blog design is not your thing, visit The Cutest Blog on The Block for free, easy to install backgrounds.
Thanks!

6 comments:

The Four Week Vegan said...

Thanks for featuring me today. I feel very special!

Liz Mays said...

What a nice feature today! I really like how she's so relaxed about blogging and just posts when she feels like it. :)

Hit 40 said...

Excellent interview!!

I will go over to the blog for a visit :-)

Brandy said...

Awww shucks! Thanks for the shout out Cheryl!

Great answers, especially about The Cutest Blog on the Block. If I can do it, anyone can do it!

Aim said...

thanks, Tess. it's always nice to "Meet" other bloggers.

Helene said...

I always love these featured blogger posts...I've found some really great reads this way!

Thanks for sharing her interview with us!