Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Amazon Princess

After many trips to many stores, Emily finally decided on Cinderella for a costume for Halloween this year. If you ask me, all princess costumes are alike and since she was Sleeping Beauty last year, I asked her why she was going to be a princess again this year. She gave me the evil look that she is so famous for and said that no, she wasn't being a princess, but a DIFFERENT princess and Cinderella was WAY different and Don't you know anything?

I was just happy that it looked warm since we were having incredibly cold weather and I was worried that she would pick some fairy princess costume and we'd have to throw her winter jacket over it, which would cause the biggest fit known to mankind.

We got the costume home and took it out and Emily tried it on. We then found out that though it said it was a size 4, it was huge! I mean come on people, I know kids are bigger these days but this was ridiculous. Unfortunately, we have no choice but to use it because there is no way, no how, that I'm going through costume shopping again. I am thankful that it is only once a year because otherwise I think I'd have to change religions and become a Jehovah Witness.

I tried talking her into wearing her old Mickey Mouse costume that I found one year at a garage sale that was so cute, but she would not even talk about it. That year, she had so many compliments on it and we kept getting stopped on the street by other parents telling us how adorable the costume was. She was having a blast until about a hour into trick-or-treating, when we all realized that everyone thought she was a boy. She was really mad at me for that but I honestly never thought about Mickey being a boy.

I'm still holding onto it though, to go with all the other let's-embarrass-you-in-front-of-your-boyfriend keepsakes. That's just a mom's right, you know.

7 comments:

Lee said...

How cute she is! My daughter picks out the costumes then complains because they are itchy. Our meltdown always comes RIGHT before we are going to go and trick or treat. Even though she tries it on well before that....sigh...

Melissa said...

Adorable photo! I am so with you on the variations of the princess costume. Betty has been a fairy princess, a princess (the plain ol' kind), Sleeping Beauty, and this year, Jasmine. Oh, and Ariel.

The Four Week Vegan said...

My daughter has been Snow White (twice), Cinderella (twice), and Sleeping Beauty (at least once), oh and a medieval princess - non-Disney. So, no, you just cannot be too many princesses. She is adorable.

eight helping hands said...

She is beautiful Tess! I finally talked Sandra out of being a princess AGAIN this year, I found a dead bride costume. As long as it has a dress, she's o.k. with it!
Also, I have joined 35 blogs today thru your under 100 followers on MBC! And so far today I have had 7 returns. I'm going to actually join them all - 180 ? I think! I"m going to do a give away to my 100th follower! Not sure what to give away. Not very clever at finding give aways yet!!
Oh and guess what??? Christmas is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!

More Than Words said...

Awww!! What a pretty princess!! We haven't even looked for costumes yet, and I even dread going! I told my son to wear a backpack and to say he is a student. Of course, he didn't think that was very funny!!!

LOL about the JW!! Maybe for that one day, right? haha

Veronica Lee said...

What a beautiful princess!!

Have a great day, Tess!!

ConnieFoggles said...

She looks sweet. Just use some safety pins and tape to hold it altogether. Be sure she won't trip and she'll be happy and save you from changing your religion.