Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Growing some manly muscles

Last year, when we decided that Emily was too big for her toddler bed, we purchased a regular bed for her. I wanted to do it right this time and just get her a full size instead of buying a twin and then her wanting a bigger bed when she was older. Sorry Jordon, I can hear you grumbling as you toss and turn in your twin size bed. That, and since I spend alot of time having to lay next to her because she is too afraid to fall asleep by herself most of the time, I don't fall flat on my face trying to squeeze in a tiny bed.

The one thing I was afraid of though, was her falling out of it and hurting herself. I decided that we could just leave it on the floor until she was a bit bigger and if she did fall, it wouldn't be so far from the ground. She liked it and I could sleep at night, so it has all worked out for us. Now that she is going to turn five next month, I decided that it was time to get the bed frame-that and my mom's constant "pushing" me to get one every time she comes over.

So, I ordered one for her bed and it finally came in (a word to the wise; if you choose Walmart's site-to-store option, please don't tell your four year old until it comes in, because it takes weeks to get there and you'll be pulling out your hair in the mean time from hearing, Is it here yet? ).

Anyway, with my husband's second job keeping him busy, I didn't have him to help. I had to go pick it up, leave it in the car over night because he was too tired to take it out, take it out by myself the next day because I didn't want to wait another week, put it together after a half an hour of swearing and two broken nails, and then drag the heavy box spring and mattress onto it. I'll tell ya one thing, I certainly did NOT marry my husband to do man stuff.

7 comments:

Lee said...

Sounds like we are married to the same guy!!

Creative Junkie said...

This made me laugh! Honestly, I'd prefer to have my husband pick up that kind of stuff. So that way, when it gets damaged or the walls get nicked or whatever, we can assess blame accordingly.

The Four Week Vegan said...

Sounds like something that would happen here because I hate to wait.

Buckeroomama said...

I'm impatient, so yes, sometimes I don't wait for hubby to assemble things and I take on the task myself. Then I feel all *ROAR*!

alpinekleins said...

Sounds a lot like me, I'm just to independent to wait around for him to become available - I can wield the power tools just about as well :)

Kristin

sheila said...

Are we married to the same guy? lol. Ughhh, I see a lot of us are married to the same guy! lol

Kris said...

My hubby is the same way (got to love it) I would like to award you with the Best Blog Award. Please come on over to my blog, and check it out http://www.parentstlc.com Congrats!!! Look forward to reading more of your future post (really enjoying it:-)