Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A birthday over and a new purchase.

I'm back again, after surviving my birthday weekend. Weekend? Yes. I totally take full advantage of my birthday and squeeze every ounce out of it.

Hey you in the bathroom! It's my birthday-do not use the rest of the toilet paper!

Hey you in the kitchen! It's my birthday-wash that dirty dish!

Hey you in the living room! It's my birthday-change that channel to Real Housewives of Orange County!

Yes. I may hate that I'm older, but I use it to my advantage.

I did have a pretty good weekend. My oldest took me out to breakfast and my hubby took me out to dinner. In between that, I sat in a car dealership for three hours. I know, WHO would spend their birthday at a car place? Well, I didn't have any intentions on doing so. Our car guy talked us into coming in to take a test drive on a car I had my eye on. After all, it wasn't often that the hubby and I had a free Saturday at the same time. He had a good point. So, I test drove it and liked it, but I didn't want to spoil my birthday by getting turned down.

"I do not want to try to get this car today," I said firmly.
"Come on," said Mike, our car guy. "I want you to buy a car on your birthday."
"Okay," I said.

I'm such a pushover.

So three hours later, there I was, sitting in a chair in a car dealership on my birthday. My head was throbbing, my tummy was growling, and I was regretting being such a pushover. The guys at the dealership were very nice, and they kept coming up and wishing me "happy birthday" every thirty minutes. Were they gently letting me down? I was waiting for them to bring me a three layer birthday cake with a rejection letter stuck on top and we-are-so-sorry-we-talked-you-into-coming-here-on-your-birthday written in icing around it.

Finally, we talked to the finance guy and they gave me the keys. They said that the banks were closed, but they were 99.9% sure everything will be fine.
(my 2010 Hyundai Elantra)

Today, it still sits in my driveway. I'm hoping that all that birthday time that I invested there paid off, cause now I have to wait until next year to tell the kids, "It's my birthday-rub my feet!"




11 comments:

eight helping hands said...

Rub my feet! That's funny!
Soooo, what kind of car did you get?
Huh?
Huh!
Or did your blog say it and I missed it the first and second time around?
Congratulations on the car, but not the payments, there I am sorry.

Brian Miller said...

woohoo! how about a picture of the car?

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

I'm liking that b-day weekend idea. Min is in May so I'll have to remember that one.

Come on... share... we want to know what kind of car you got!?!

Aim said...

is that a Sonata? I had one this weekend as a rental and I loved it! Happy belated Birthday!

Unknown said...

Sorry! I updated with a photo!

Brian Miller said...

and now there is a pic...very nice...

eight helping hands said...

And you now have a personalized license plate that says Anonymous right?

Marla said...

Awesome!! Happy Belated Birthday!!

Homemaker Man said...

Nice new car, happy bday weekend, great blog, and thnaks for the visit.

Creative Junkie said...

Whoo hooo! What a nice birthday present!

My Trendy Tykes said...

OOOOOOH I like your bday present!!