Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Words with a Blogger Wednesday

It's true!
It's back!
Words with a Blogger Wednesday!
This week's blogger is
Judy from


Tell us about yourself, Judy!

My name is Judy and I have three kids and two step children ranging in ages of 21 to 2. My oldest is pregnant so I'm going to be a first time grandma. My husband is going to be deploying to Kuwait in April and I've lost track of the number of deployments he has had so far. My two children with chronic medical conditions keep me busy. My middle child wanted to give back to other epileptic children so I encouraged her with her own blog at http://angels4epilepsy.com. I telecommute from home and have been with the same company for over 10 years. My site is Health, Beauty, Children & Family http://youthfultips.blogspot.com and I can be found on Twitter as stayingyoung2.

When did you start blogging?

August 2009

Do you make money from your blog?

I make a little off of affiliate commission programs from Amazon, Commission Junction and Google Ads.

How frequently do you post?

Daily and something more than once a day.

Do you have a favorite blogger(s) that you just can't live without reading?

Simply Stacie and Six Feet Under are two of my favorites along with Nicole's Nickels

Have your readers influenced you in any way?

I try to gear my topics based on reader comments and feedback but mostly stick with the topics that I find interesting or informative.

Has blogging changed your life in any way?

It's added a new level of fun to my life. I have met some very wonderful people from fellow bloggers to readers. It has made me aware of other's plights and hard times so giving away products is something that is nice to do from the standpoint of helping some one. This past Christmas, after hearing back from one of my winners and how happy they were to be able to give their son another present, I sent her a Walmart e-Card to help her son have a better Christmas.

What do you do when you get writer's block?

Look at the latest news for ideas relative to health, beauty, family or children. There is so much information out there to share and write about.

Any other advice you might have for newbie bloggers?

Don't be afraid to ask other bloggers for help. We are all out here to help one another. When you set up your blog, make sure it's what you really want to write about as once you establish yourself, it's hard to change the handles or blog names. I never expected to really grow my blog so I would have not chosen "youthfultips" as my handle. It's a great community opportunity to share so don't be hesitant, join all the other mommy groups and forums, learn and ask questions.

Would you like to be featured?

Just leave me a comment and let me know!

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

very cool. i enjoy these posts and hearing about people behind the blogs and how they grew up in teh blog world. cool feature.

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

I couldn't agree with Judy more! This is a wonderful, helpful blogging community we share, she is the perfect example of that very fact! I'm so glad to be a part of it!