Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Blank Screen

Have you ever have one of those days when you want to write up a great post, but don't know what to write about? So, after about an hour of staring at the blank screen you decide to visit some of your favorite bloggers, hoping to spark some creativity.

Then, you get lost in blogging land when you start hopping to blog after blog that you discover in the comments section of another blogger. Next thing you know, two more hours have passed and you've traveled hundreds of miles away from the first blog you were reading.

Did you get inspired to write? Not yet. So, you read some more and stop for lunch and maybe say 'hi' to the kids and check to make sure they haven't burned down the house while you are trying to get inspired to write.

So, you decide to visit the big bloggers in hopes to trigger some funny thought in your head, only to get more depressed at how funny and brilliant their post for the day was. You pull your hair out as you yell at the monitor, "I wish I thought of that!"

Then as the day gets later, you sigh and just write some dumb post like this one...

11 comments:

Crystal Escobar said...

oh I SO know what you mean, haha. I love reading other peoples blogs and getting inspired, but like you said, sometimes I'm like, gosh, why didn't I think of that :)
Love you're blog by the way, newest follower of yours, and just joined your community.

Beth Reed said...

lol - yes. Been there, done that, girl! I am a new follower from MBC. Come visit me at http://www.createyourtraditions.com. :)

Getrealmommy said...

Hey now, with 585 followers, I think you qualify as a pretty big cheese! :)
We can't all be brilliant all the time. I tried to be funny today as well, but I think I fell flat....
www.getrealmama.blogspot.com

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

I could have written this post myself... except I probably never bothered to check if the kids burned the house down.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sarah said...

Too Funny!

Teri said...

I had a day like that today!

Tara said...

Try writing down silly things your kids say. lol

Todd said...

Its okay to not have anything to say once in a while.

Carol said...

I agree on these days

Brian Miller said...

smiles. good job writing anyway...someone once told me that 90% of what i write is going to be junk anyway, but you got to go through it to get to the 10%...so i write anyway...