Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A scare.

Yesterday, I thought my grand baby was coming early. My daughter called and told me that she was swelling up like a balloon. She had been having headaches the past several days as well, and the baby was moving less. I told her to call the doc office and see what they thought about it.


They wanted to see her and take some tests to see if she had preeclampsia-not a good thing to have. They told her to pack a bag just in case because she would be going to the hospital right away if she did have it. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Baby today? Yikes!

I got my cameras together and got the kids ready just in case we had to go to the hospital and waited. And waited. And waited. After waiting a bit more, I called her cell phone to see if she could sneak talking to me. She answered and said that they had her hooked up to a monitor and they were waiting for the doctor to come check her. Didn't these people know that I cannot stand to wait?? COME ON, ALREADY.


She said she would call me back as soon as she heard something. I hung up and paced the floor for another half and hour waiting for her to call back. I tried to take my mind off of things. Chocolate. Does anyone have any chocolate around here? THAT would take my mind off of things.

Finally, she called back and said that they thought that she was just dehydrated and were sending her home. Whew! I really need to have a talk with that baby-just as I did with Zach when he was giving her a hard time two years ago when he was in her tummy. At least I still have time to get her gift for the hospital stay, but I guess I better hurry cause she seems to be just as ornery as her big brother.

8 comments:

Aim said...

that's good! I hope all goes well with your daughter. Glad it was just dehydration.

Getrealmommy said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by getrealmama! I am now following your blog, love getting the grandma perspective! please follow me back! www.getrealmama.blogspot.com

P.S So happy your daughter/grandbaby are well! You sound so much like my mama!

Brian Miller said...

smiles. glad everything is alright...sounds like it going to be soon though!

Sofia said...

glad it is all ok. best wishes to you and your daughter!

Following you from MBC

Sofia
http://frompdxwithlove.com

sheila said...

Glad everythings okay! Your daughter is a real beauty~! She carries her pregnancy VERY well!

CJ Poindexter said...

First of all, you do not look old enough to be a grand mom! Good heavens I remember those days, my three pregnancies I was back and forth in the hospital for a variety of reasons. Tell your daughter - drink that water!!! Dehydration was a bit of a problem for me - when pregnant I hated the taste of water!

Cj

thanks for the comment - I am now following you from MBC.

GottaLoveMom said...

I hope she's doing well. Do take care and drink plenty and rest...
(Grandma, do take care too)

Creative Junkie said...

*whew* - glad she's OK.