Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

I married a backseat driver

I got into this relationship with my hubby knowing he was an electronic buying junkie-something that has caused it's share of quarrels-but, I can handle that compared to his other annoying habit.


Whenever we go somewhere, I do not volunteer to drive. Why?

BECAUSE MY HUSBAND IS A BACKSEAT DRIVER.

"Do you see that car turning?" he asks.

"Watch out for the car behind you!" he yells.

"Did you put on your turn signal?" he asks again.

"You need to go the speed limit," he states.

"I could do that better," he mumbles.


I tell him that I know how to drive and I've been driving since I was sixteen and I've been doing just fine before he came along. I like to remind him that HE has been the only one that had to turn in car "mishaps" to the insurance company since we've been together. He seems to think he has to "help" me with my driving (which does not suck) because as he puts it- I'm a woman.

I understand I just now made hundreds of woman want to hunt him down and run over him with their cars and then blame it on the fact that they are women and can't drive.

Would you like our address?

13 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ummm...i gotta be driving...smiles.

secret agent woman said...

Backseat driving makes me crazy and I try not to do that even with my novice driver, who still has his learner's permit.

secret agent woman said...

Backseat driving makes me crazy and I try not to do that even with my novice driver, who still has his learner's permit.

Getrealmommy said...

yes, but my four year old is a backseat driver.... "the sign says 55 miles per hour! how fast are you going??? :)

Unknown said...

I soo know what you mean!! My husband is the same way. He always complains that he always drives everywhere but I tell him that's because he always complains about everything I do when I drive!! I always remind him who has never had a traffic ticket or citation (me) and how many he has (lots!).

Aim said...

make him sit in the back for real, and be quiet...LOL. Maybe you should turn the tables and start telling him how to drive. :-)

Kristina P. said...

I have to admit to being the backseat driver in our relationship. :(

Creative Junkie said...

I married one also. Then I took it one step further and gave birth to two more.

Sofia said...

Nah, I wouldn't go as far as wanting to run him over (which would require for me to have a car...darn car accident my hubs got in -totaled our car)...but, could you smack him on the back of the head for me?
Okthanks!

Sofia
http://frompdxwithlove.com

Marketing Gurl said...

This is hilarious!!! I am kinda a back seat driver though so I don't feel bad. This is funny.

www.powellmom.com

Amanda said...

I can't stand backseat drivers my friend donna is one and i am constantly yelling at her for it. I'm like listen if you want to drive then get your license and a car until then shut your pie hole

Annette Piper said...

Grrrrr.... men! I refuse to drive if hubby is with me - its just too stressful for us both!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site sixfeetundersite.blogspot.com
Is this possible?