Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Family?

I'm still around. I just have been through alot with "family" problems. When you have a family member who has done alot to you over the years and then blames your kid for something they didn't or would never do, you just got to say 'enough is enough'.

It's hard though, when you don't have the support of your other family memebers. It's always a losing battle when it comes to anyone standing up for me and my kids. When a parent plays favorites, you don't stand a chance for any support-especially when you stand up for your kid and they say that you are the one causing trouble. WTF? I am? I'm always the one this other family member comes down on.

I actually felt bad for distancing the one person that I would not want to lose contact with, yet she just shot me down. She will never take my side or my kids against this other family member and it's pretty shitty how this all went down.

I will stand by my family and protect them against this person who did the same thing to me years ago. Little do these people know, they should be concentrating on someone else in the family, not my daughter.

So, I guess I'm the black sheep as usual. Baaah.

I'm so glad I have you guys to talk to. I don't know what I would do without you. Funny, how people that you barely know can be there for you the most.

Anyone want to adopt a 40ish woman with good teeth, a lot of baggage, a big addiction to chocolate and who just gave up Dr. Pepper at the worse possible time?

9 comments:

Carol said...

I feel bad for you. I hope it works through.

Steve said...

Sometimes family forgets that they are family. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Let us know what happens! xoxo

More Than Words said...

I'm so sorry about that! BIG HUGS!!

Aim said...

Sorry you are having to deal with all that. Stand up for your kids and yourself, and we (the collective bloggy world) will be here to support you, lift you up and listen. :-)

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Sometimes distancing yourself from the problem is the best solution. I'll be keeping you and the family in my thoughts. I know what it's like to be the black sheep. Baaah right back at ya!

Brian Miller said...

it is just when we try to make positive changes that it will be tested...stay strong...

Unknown said...

I am sorry for what you're going through. At times, Family doesn't stay up to it's name. I'm sure things will get better. Stay strong.

eight helping hands said...

AW! I'm sorry you are going through family problems right now, especially when this is suppose to be a happy time with a new grandbaby on the way. Also, when your ready to be adopted I'll take you!!!!