Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Homemade touches at my dinner party

(Guest post written by Ruth Hinton)

Even though it's going to be just friends and neighbors who are coming to our dinner party about a week before Christmas, I want it to feel like a down-home Christmas celebration without the sibling fighting and headache. I guess you could say like utopian down-home Christmas, if that makes any sense.
I've already been planning a whole lot and have really been trying to come up with some touches that are going to carry through my theme. Researching for that stuff online with our WirelessInternet is helping out a whole lot and I think that I may have so many ideas that I'm not going to be able to use all of them!One of the things that I'm doing as one of those extra special touches is making homemade place cards out of some vintage-y looking Christmas cards that people have sent me over the past couple of years. I thought it was a great way to actually use all of those that I'd been looking to repurpose anyway. I'm also really excited to break out my Grandmaƕs peach cobbler recipe too.