Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, October 24, 2008

A night on the town

The other night I actually got to go out without any kids or hubby. It felt strange to not be grabbing a hold of a little hand or yelling, No, you can't get that!
I decided to head off to the library first to get some writing done without interruption. It was heaven and I actually finished another chapter. Then, I went to some stores to ACTUALLY LOOK AT STUFF FOR ME. I couldn't believe that there were actually items that interest me and not labeled, For 3 and under on the package. I even saw a purse at the mall that I ended up going back and getting last night.
I ended up at our Walmart because of course, my husband included an errand for me on MY night out. I picked up his item and on my way out, a truck full of guys passed me and began yelling out, "Hey! Look at that hottie!" They began to whistle and as my face turned red, I realized that as degrading as that could be, it was nice to know I still got it even as a grandma.
Thanks Honey, for sending me to Walmart.

13 comments:

Heather (How to be a Woman..?) said...

You are one hot grandma!

Dana said...

that's too funny!!

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

Yeah for your night out! Sometimes I find it strange to be at a store all by myself-somethin's missing. :)

Anonymous said...

Aw come on, admit it! It was a truck full of guys from our high school! I certainly hope not.

You keep on gettin' it hot stuff!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...I love it. A hot grandma. I bet that did feel good.

Creative Junkie said...

LOL!

I can't even imagine being whistled at, at this stage in my life. I'd probably think they were warning me that I was about to be run over in the parking lot or something.

Anonymous said...

That's so funny. It's almost like the catcalling construction workers... they used to annoy the heck out of me, but the older you get you would actually pay money to get one of those catcalls!!

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with being a hot grandma!

Unknown said...

*whistle* One hot Grandma!

Helene said...

I can appreciate the feeling you got when those guys yelled out to you! It used to annoy me when I was younger but now I'd give anything to be yelled at by a bunch of hot college guys!!

Glad you got to have a night off on your own!! There's nothing better than shopping without having to drag the kids with you!

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

Awesome! Don't think of it as degrading, think of it as a compliment. :) They were appreciating you!

Arlice Nichole said...

Sigh. A night out? What's that?! Lucky you.

Anonymous said...

First of all, congrats on a night out alone! And, congrats on being a hot mamma (and grandma). That hasn't happened to me in a long time, sigh!