Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What #$%** day of the week is it, anyway?

Early this morning, I decided to do my blog reading and commenting since I didn't need to get my son ready for school because of school conferences blessed them with a couple of days off. I happily typed away and as I read through the blogs, I kept wondering why everybody's blog was 'Wednesday this' and 'Wednesday that'. Strange, I thought since it was Thursday.
Just then, I heard what I thought sounded like a garbage truck outside and our garbage day was on Wednesday, so I thought maybe the UPS guy was here. I looked out the window and sure enough, it was the garbage truck-wait. IT'S WEDNESDAY, NOT THURSDAY!
I jumped up and ran to my son's bedroom because if it's Wednesday, than that meant that my son had school today and tomorrow was his day off. ARGH!! He had literally five minutes before his ride came, so that meant no shower, a quick run of the comb through the hair, an apple for breakfast and scrambling for lunch money. ( I had to give him a $20, so I pray the lunch lady doesn't rip him off)
We made it and he was out the door but not without a how-could-you-forget- it-was-Wednesday-Mom? look at his airhead mom.
Geesh...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard. I had one of those days last Monday. I woke up thinking it was Sunday. I heard the garbage truck (arrives at 7 AM) and I jumped straight out of the bed. I am not sure if that is a good sign of how my life is going right now.

I am glad you got up and going. Yes, it is Wednesday and thank you for stopping by my blog. It made me have a better morning.

Creative Junkie said...

i'm thinking that this probably describes at least 75% of all households on any given week day morning!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

LOL! My problem is I know what day it is in the morning, but then lose track as the day goes on. it's always the afternoon & evening activities I end up screwing up

Elizabeth Channel said...

That would be me! I've actually taken my children to school, praised myself for being so early, only to realize it was a teacher training day!

Tena said...

if I were you I would have just crawled back in to bed and tried again tomorrow, lol!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks agian mom

Anonymous said...

Been there! Usually on the weekends, though. I'll think it's Saturday and it's actually Sunday. I'll bet that got you up and moving!

Kate said...

Oh my word, I've done the same thing with preschool. The second day I somehow had it in my head that it started at 10, when it started at 9!! We were so late, and it wasn't until I actually walked into the room that I realized it!! Oh by the way, found you on the comment club, great idea.