Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Tricky Treat

Our trick or treat night was last night and it couldn't of been a more perfect night for it. The temperature was just right with no need for a coat, so costumes got their money's worth. My Sleeping Beauty and Dracula children and I started off on our usual path to the usual houses to get treats.

We started out fine and then just like that, Jordon decided that he didn't want to wear his costume. Apparently, he felt that if he wasn't with a group of kids his age trick or treating, then he was too old. I tried to understand this thought process and concluded that it just must not be a cool thing to go with your mom and little sister. So, I stuck his costume in his bag and he volunteered to take her up to the houses to get candy. This turned out to be in his favor because everyone thought he was such a nice big brother to help his little sister that they gave him candy too.
It seemed like we walked at least three miles covering the whole neighborhood and when we got to the last of the houses, we came across a house that belong to people that still trusted the honor system and left a big bowl of candy on their doorstep. On our way over to it, we observed a couple of teenage boys on their doorstep, laughing as they put candy into their bags. I figured that no way was there going to be any candy left in that bowl but the kids insisted on going up and checking. Surprisingly, there was candy still left so Jordon grabbed a handful (must have been cool enough for him) and laughed like the older kids as if he too had gotten away with taking more then his share. Then it was Emily's turn. She walks up to the bowl and takes ONE piece of candy and then gives a big "Bwahhaahahha" laugh like Rico on Hannah Montana does when he gets away with something evil.
We just rolled our eyes and laughed and I thought to myself, Thanks Emily, for giving me something funny to write about in my blog today.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like ya'll had a good time. Emily's big laugh made me laugh!

Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

That's cute! :) Sounds like you had a good time :) Happy Halloween!

Heather (How to be a Woman..?) said...

How cute! I can almost hear her.

Helene said...

Sounds like you all had fun! Your daughter's laughing as she took the candy is too cute!! Glad you came to a happy medium with your son on the trick-or-treating! That was sweet of him to walk his little sis around!

Anonymous said...

Bwahahah that's just cute and sweet. She did practice the honor system - great job!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! I love this time of year. I LIVE for this time of year (first kid's name is Autumn) One more month of fall left.

Anonymous said...

it sounds like you had fun, i miss those halloweens when mine were little, just the best memories! enjoy them!

my scrapbooking is from smilebox, they do all the work for you and all i have to do is add the pics. it's super easy and really fun!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Glad you had a good Halloween!

Unknown said...

Lol, oh how cute. GLad to hear you all had fun. We did the same and weather could not be more beautiful.