Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The sky is falling-or at least the leaves are

The weather is so beautiful today, I have to tie myself down to my desk and force myself to catch up with stuff while I can. I LOVE this time of the year when the leaves start to turn and the air is crisp. Mother Nature fooled me several times this year by bringing us some early fall days and while everyone else was cursing summer being over, I was all, YEAH! But, then the hot days came back and I got all depressed again. Hopefully, it doesn't go away this time so I can enjoy it a little longer than last year when summer seemed to go right into winter.
Also on a side note:
I am starting my semi-diet based loosely on the flat belly diet.
This is what I had so far today:
Breakfast:
Oatmeal with blueberries
Green tea
A handful of sesame seeds
Snack:
Yogurt
Green tea
Lunch:
Tuna sandwich (with mayo or I'll die.)
Milk
Honey dew melon
I haven't decided what I am doing for supper yet. This may not be the healthiest or not even sure if it would even make me loose anything but it's better then skipping breakfast or drinking soda or grabbing fast food- all bad habits of mine. Like I said before, I just want to try to make it as healthy as I can stand so I won't go off the wagon.
Now, I'm sure you'll run into me at a restaurant on the weekends because it's kind of what we do for entertainment on date night or family night. Heck, even Emily tells us it's time to go to AppleBees. I'm allowing this and I don't want to feel bad or hide it.
Last time I tried to be all totally healthy and showing off, Jesse found my stash of candy bars hidden under my pillow and I was all like, how did that get there?

7 comments:

Michele said...

If only I could eat better, then all the running I do would actually be effective! Instead, I run on average about 15-25 miles a week, but can't seem to drop these last 10 lbs or the belly pooch. Maybe I'll try your eating plan! :)

Caroline said...

Thanks for stopping by! Hey, I just posted a great recipe for no bake cashew bars...they are so good and I think pretty healthy! I can't wait to have them for breakfast...it put me a fall mood!

Dana said...

yum.... oatmeal with blueberries!!

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

I'm with you... tuna without mayo is icky! Also, I put lemon juice and pickle juice in as well. Yummy! Oh! And celery, pickles, and cucumbers. I know... where is the tuna? And--I promise this is the last thing (can you tell I am hungry), I eat it on saltine crackers. Sooooo good!

Good luck on your semi diet :).

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Fall is here. I made applesauce yesterday to celebrate here in VA. Blueberries and oatmeal is my fave for breakfast. I eat a banana sometimes. Careful though you may end up hungry all the time like I was. Good luck and happy fall!

taratoons said...

Hey Tess -
Thanks for stopping by to tour Nebraska and my blog yesterday! I can't go all healthy either - I would sooo have a stash of chocolate somewhere!! Good luck on staying healthy-ish. I think that is the best route to go!!

Anonymous said...

My problem with eating healthy is I'm really, really picky about food. There's lots of stuff I just flat out refuse to eat...like Tuna, believe it or not. My other problem? Like you, I have a bad habit of grabbing fast food when I don't feel like cooking. I'll get it right one of these days.