Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is

Yesterday, Emily was having a hard time putting her crocks on because it seemed like she was nursing her left foot. I went over to her and asked her if her foot was hurt and she cupped her foot and asked, whyyyyyyy?
We still have a hard time getting her to tell us if she any pain anywhere since her experience with the dentist and she associates an ouch with a shot.
I looked at her foot and realized that she must have got a mosquito bite and scratched it to death, leaving it raw and sore. She looked at me and noticed the look on my face and quickly drew her foot under her leg and cried, "I don't want to go to the dentist!"
I laughed- I know, I'm cruel- and told her that she definitely didn't have to go to the dentist, but we would have to put some medicine on it. That was followed by her getting up and yelling, NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I calmed her down and explained to her that this medicine would not hurt and it was actually fun because it would bubble when I put it on her foot. Yes, I still do the peroxide on cuts. She decided that she would trust this parent that lets people in white coats torture her and calmed down. We went into the bathroom to look for the peroxide and since I have the worse luck in the world, I couldn't find it. I hunted everywhere with no such luck . I finally found some Neosporin, so I attempted to explain to her that this one wasn't as fun, but it wouldn't hurt either.
"No," she stated to me and put her hand up to stop me.
"Come on, why not?" I pleaded back.
"Because, I want the pop rock medicine!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Pop rock medicine, how sweet. How wonderful that she enjoys these moments. I'll bet she feels good and loved.

I follow the same ritual for cuts and "owies", as did my Mom before me. Peroxide and Neosporin, can't be beat!

Anonymous said...

LOL That's cute! Have never used peroxide on cuts so I didn't know it bubbled. Filing that info for just in case :)

Dana said...

cute!!

Unknown said...

I do the same thing peroxide and neosporin. Must have!

Anonymous said...

I still use peroxide! I think we have 4 or 5 bottles of that stuff in my house.

Pop rock medicine....how cute.

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to remember that! My hubby thinks you have to put peroxide on all wounds, no matter how tiny!