Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, May 15, 2009

All wrapped up in one crazy day

I couldn't sleep last night, which usually happens a couple of days before I have to shoot a wedding. I give myself the usual, Why Do I Do This To Myself? talk and swear that I'll never book another wedding again. This lasts about six months and then I forget how much I hate doing them and book another one.

Since I have the greatest luck in the world, Emily's recital photos fall on the same day (this Saturday). This means that I have to get her ready before I leave- bath, makeup, hair and all. Then, I have to do the cross sign on my chest and pray that when it's time for my husband to take her, her hair doesn't look like Medusa's and her face like Ronald McDonald.

Our neighboring neighborhood (can I say that?) is also having their annual HUGE garage sale this Saturday too-when it rains, it pours, huh? This happened to me last year too-ironically, the same day the only wedding I shot then too. So, I have to figure out how to fit in running over there in the early morning. Will I make it? I don't know, but if you bet on me going, please don't buy a lottery ticket tomorrow- I wouldn't want you to waste your two dollars.

So, wish me luck that I survive tomorrow and next time I tell you that I booked a wedding, please knock me on the side of the head and say, "You goofball, you did it again!"

5 comments:

eight helping hands said...

You goofball! I'm on my way over now with a skillet...cast iron. Try and enjoy your shoot, good luck with the dance pic's, and buy me something good at the yard sale!

Unknown said...

whoa! BUSY day!

good luck with all that

tracy

Helene said...

I hope everything goes well at your wedding shoot! You sound incredibly busy!!!

I love the picture of Emily in the post below this one!!

ConnieFoggles said...

I know you figured it all out and the worrying was for nothing. Can't wait to read the deets.

Creative Junkie said...

Tess! You mean you haven't mastered that old "be in two places at the same time" thing?

I haven't either.

Good luck!