Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Words with a Blogger Wednesday

Words with a Blogger Wednesday
Have you ever heard of this blog?
A Pocket Full Of Buttons
Well, I have and now you know about it too!

Tell about your blog, Stephanie:

My blog is called A Pocket Full Of Buttons (http://apocketfullofbuttons.blogspot.com/). It is..well, it just is. It's nothing spectacular unlike so many others I have visited, but I adore her. I write about what I like and I've been fortunate it strikes a cord with others. I post giveaways.. either my own or ones I find. Funny things my girls do, what's new on my Etsy/dot com, I just stared doing Java Jaunt with Jo Thursdays and so far...loving it! I would like to get in on Muffin Tin Mondays and Wordless Wednesdays, but have not found the time yet...oh today's Weds! That's about it, I'm simple (depending on who you ask), my blog is simple (unless your my husband), but man what a ride, wanna join me?


When did you start blogging?

I started blogging last year. My good friend Sharon actually recommended I do it. She thought it would be a good way to connect with people, let them see who I am, what I do and promote my online business.

Do you make money from your blog?

I have had a few custom orders from clients who have stumbled across my blog which is always awesome.

How frequently do you post?

I try to at least post once a week, but I'm happier when I can post several times a week. I am so addicted at this point to blogging and meeting new people I just can't stay away from the
computer.
Do you have a favorite blogger(s) that you just can't live without
reading?

I check up on all the blogs I am following daily when I log in. My fav's I can not miss are Mama's A Mess, Secrets In The Sauce, Carma Sez, The Haby Goddess, Frogs In A Bucket, Color In Your Life, Pixletrashamania, Sweet Words Boutique,JesseKate Designs. This is but a small list of my
favorites, I wish I could add them all, but then I wouldn't have room for all the other questions!

Have your readers influenced you in any way?

My readers are the best. They are so sweet, honest, funny and delightful. I get a kick when they
tell me they cracked up over something I posted because really, I'm not that funny :)

Has blogging changed your life in any way?
Yah, keeps me on the computer a whole lot more. I should name my laptop "Bruno" since he seems to be my second husband..haha Really though, I am very lucky to have a understanding
husband who will pick up my slack when I need him to just so I can be online all night.

What do you do when you get writer's block?

So far it hasn't happened yet *fingers and toes crossed*. Maybe because I'm still new and fresh with ideas. However I get so many great ideas and ques from all the blogs I read and the new bloggers I meet daily so I have to give props there.

Any other advice you might have for newbie bloggers?

Be yourself and be creative. Don't forget without our readers and followers we are just
keeping a diary for ourselves, so don't forget to show them love too.
Explore! There are so many amazing blogs out there just waiting for you to
find them. Join blogging groups! My favorite are Mom Bloggers Club, Secrets
In The Sauce, and Skout. You will meet so many amazingly talented and
beautiful people there.

8 comments:

Melissa Deline said...

Congrats Steph!! Thanks for mentioning me, I feel honored that you look forward to reading my blog!! I cant wait to have my review/giveaway on your blog! Shipping out today!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Thanks for the feature hun! I really should proof read me work though... my first sentence should say...."unlike so many blogs...."aghh that's what I get for not having my cup of coffee...haha
Thanks again!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment. I love your blog title. Fun. Fun. Fun.

***Sharon*** said...

"YOU GO GIRL!!!" Steph - I'm proud of you! :) Thanks for the shout-out! :)

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Thanks Tess that was sweet to fix me, you didn't have too ;) It just shows my imperfections...darn I'm not perfect!..lol

Carma Sez said...

Stephanie-
Thanks for including me amongst your faves! I'm honored :-)
carma

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What a neat post...and very helpful. Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting me. I loved that you took the time to do that.
Mona

Veronica Lee said...

Congrats, Steph.