Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

MIA Wednesday blogger...

Did you come by yesterday and wonder what happened to my usual Words with a Blogger Wednesday? Well, my featured blogger got delayed at the last minute and we missed the deadline. I promise that next week there will definitely be a featured blogger interview. Cross my heart and hope to die. Stick a needle in my eye. I really would like to skip the needle in my eye part. Maybe the hope to die too. thank you.

Maybe you were wondering what I've been up to? Just working on about four zillion wedding photos. Thank you for all the nice compliments on the two that I posted. Oh BTW, I received an email from a couple that are friends of that couple and wanted to know if I was available to do their wedding next year. Oh boy, here we go again. Do you have an iron skillet handy? Please knock me on the head before I say Ok.

My husband's birthday is this Saturday. This is the time of the year I like to remind him that he is way older than me. Ok. Only by three years, but that's enough for me to rub it in. We actually are having a get together on Sunday instead since we have a busy Saturday going on. His birthday's are easy to do. Just get him chocolate cake and cash and he's happy. I've given up trying to surprise him with a gift. It always ends the same way-I get all excited because I think I've gotten him something he needs and I just know it's the right color, etc. etc. Then, he opens it, cocks an eyebrow and says, "Um, thanks?" I then sigh and hand him over a fifty. So, I'll just save the time and disappointment and look for a money holder card.

My daughter's much anticipated recital is next weekend, so we are getting ready for that. We received the proofs from the recital photo session that my husband had to take her to last Saturday. They turned out great-whew! I just have to choose which pose I want. THAT shouldn't be hard. I think that's partly why I became a photographer-so I can have ALL of the poses.

The dance people also had everyone do their makeup classes, so I told Emily that she would be going to an extra class last week. I didn't understand why she was SO excited about going to this class. I said it was just a makeup class but she was all like, I have to wear this outfit and this hair bow. So, when the makeup class day came and I told her it was time to go, she squealed with joy and ran to the car. When we got there, she ran in and sat down and with a big smile she proudly states, "I'm ready to have my makeup put on for my MAKEUP class!" Oh boy...

5 comments:

Hit 40 said...

How about getting the two of you tickets to a great concert? Or, a weekend flight to vegas - maybe you could get a last minute deal.

Just lock the kids in the closet.

Creative Junkie said...

I know what you mean about your husband's birthday. I dread it when my husband's birthday comes around. I think he's one of the hardest people to buy for, since all he wants are mega expensive electronic equipment that I know nothing about.

Love the make-up story! Classic for a little girl!

Days of Whine & Noses said...

Following from MBC!

***Sharon*** said...

I love it. I'm the same. My husband is two years old than me and I love to remind him of that! Esp. since he's now in his 40's! ;)

Visiting from MBC and now following!

Cinder Rail'lee said...

I wanted to tell you..I have something for ya over at my blog. come by and get it =)