Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Hallmark Card Contest

You may of checked or heard that we didn't win the Hallmark Mother's Day contest. We did come in second place which, even though they should of had a second and third place in my opinion, was pretty cool. You can see that here.
We had a fun time and met alot of nice people. It was fun being recognized on the street and making my dream come true of being featured on a popular local show. Even though we didn't win the grand prize, I don't regret all the hard work we put in and it will be something for Emily to treasure and tell her kids about some day.


With that, I have to tell you that Emily did take it hard. Every day for a month, she had been excited about possibility of winning the prize and would point out what she was going to get with her winnings. When she was told that she didn't win and would not be able to buy the new barbie house she wanted, she threw herself on the couch and put her hand up to her forehead and gasped, "Now my barbies will have to live in their car!"

9 comments:

Aim said...

aw, her poor homeless Barbies! If you lived closer, I'd totally give her our Barbie house. :-)

eight helping hands said...

Oh no! Her Barbies are going to have to live in their car? You Mean Mommy! I can't beleive you didn't run out and buy her a Barbie House. I mean for Goodness Sake, the child's face got you second place! The terrible things that child has to suffer. Especially with her rag tag wardrobe.
Just kidding on all the above....?

Veronica Lee said...

With your talent and creativity, I'm very certain there'll be other contests to win.

sarasophia said...

Following from MBC---please follow back...

<3 sarasophia

The Four Week Vegan said...

Congrats on second! There should have been a second and third place for sure. Can the Barbies get some sort of public housing until they can save enough for their own place? I hear Lincoln Log cabins can be quite nice or Lego castles.

Jennifer said...

LOL! I knew EXACTLY how she feels about not getting her Barbies a house. EXACTLY! ;-)

Helene said...

Awwww, I'm bummed for you and Emily!! I was hoping you'd win!!!

Her comment about her Barbie's having to live out of their car made me laugh!!! Poor Barbie...LOL!!

Creative Junkie said...

I'm sorry about the 1st place loss, but 2nd place is awesome! You only have to look at American Idol to see how far you can go coming in 2nd!

Congrats!

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

You did great! What a great thing for your daughter to look back on! I would take it hard, too!