Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

On cloud nine today-no Words With A Blogger Wednesday

(I'm going to postpone Words With A Blogger until tomorrow)

I did it! I did it! It was so fun and they made me feel like a pampered star. My only regret was that I forgot my camera to take "behind the scenes" photos-bad me, bad me.

When I got there, we had a hard time getting in and luckily, there was someone in the lobby who buzzed us in. We (my oldest daughter came with to watch Emily)brought all our stuff in. Not sure if I told you but they wanted to feature my pet art that I do also to fill time-what a cool bonus! The camera crew buzzed around and scoped out the guests while we sat there nervous as hell. There was a nutritionist, a lady that talked about insurance, an older lady that talked about her antiques and ME.
The producer talked to us and told us they had three rules:

1. Just look at Paula and don't look at the camera or you'll freak out.
2. Have a conversation with Paula.
3. Don't answer with just yes or no answers.

Got it, Buddy.

They fitted me with one of those microphones that go under your shirt. THAT was a bit embarrassing when you got five young guys staring at you and you are hoping that you didn't just accidentally flash them your old bra that you figured nobody would see on a talk show. Oh, and word to the wise, DON'T wear a turtleneck on TV-they HATE that. Microphones don't fit well on turtlenecks. They kept telling me to make sure that I don't move during the interview-yeah, right.

I was on second after the antique lady (does that sound bad?) and luckily, she had a long segment-ha. ha. I had myself all psyched up to not being afraid when the guest sitting behind started talking about how nervous she was. I was all like, "Stop saying that!" Ok, I just said it in my head. When the first guest was getting ready to be done, my stomach started doing somersaults and I thought for sure I was going to barf on Paula when the camera started rolling.


One thing I learned about TV land was they were right about not looking at the camera. I kept my eyes on my interviewer and I felt unusually calm. The interview went smoothly and the host was very nice. So, if I win and they have me back on, I will not be scared. Or, if I can get them to have me on for my book, I'll be there-minus the turtleneck.

Ok, I know you want to see this interview. Please don't laugh or I'll go hide under a rock and die.

Here is the link to the show:
(If anyone knows how to make this into a YouTube video, please, please tell me how and send me the video in a format so I can upload it to YouTube-thanks!)
Now I'm off to call our newspaper people-yep, after they saw that I was going to be on PSL, they want to do a story on yours truly.

12 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Maybe I'm stupid - I CANNOT find your segment on the link you gave us. :(

Aim said...

how cool are you! i can't view it from work, but I'll check it out when I get home.

Terra said...

If you figure out how to utube it I would love to see it!
and congrats for making it through in one piece! I would have been SO nervous.

Tess said...

Im not sure why it doesnt work? I tried it and didnt have any problems. You can try this link: http://www.kwqc.com/Global/category.asp?C=7943&nav=menu83_6

Anonymous said...

You are a superstar!

Kimberly@PrettyPinkMomma said...

You did great! Your pet art pics are fantastic too! Goodluck, I hope that you win. Even if you don't, what a fantastic experience to have been a part of.

Helene said...

OMG, Tess, you look adorable!!!! I think you did really well in the interview...the lady interviewing you was so energetic and enthusiastic and I'm sure that must have helped calm your nerves!!!

I did get your e-mail about the interview but didn't see it until this morning. Can I get it back to you for next week?

ConnieFoggles said...

That is so exciting! I really congratulate you on the interview. That takes a lot of nerve to do something like that.

Jennifer said...

So cool! I hope they have you on again! :-)

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

Oh this is so awesome! I am happy for you. Love the pictures! Good luck and I'll keep voting!

Tammy said...

Way cool! I can't wait for voting to start, for sure you'll get my vote.

I signed up with Follow Me Club - I'm now a follower :)

Stephanie said...

Just found your blog, but thought I would stop and tell you how Wonderful that is! Good luck with the contest too!