Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Update on the card and please take my husband's cell phone away

Just to keep you updated, my card jumped from 5th to 2nd place in the Hallmark Mother's Day Card Contest! This happened Friday night when I believe they counted all card sales to the votes. So, I think I'm doing best with sales over votes. Not that anyone should stop voting online but thanks to all who are buying cards too and please if you can afford it, please buy a few more. I think I might just win this after all! :) I also promised someone a gift card from Walmart. I know most readers said that they would just help me to be a friend, so I'll have to go through my comments and sort everyone out. We're down to 2 weeks now so I'll be reminding you everyday to vote or buy a card-I'm so nice, aren't I?

Now, on to regular stuff.

Have you surrendered to the ease and convenience of text messaging yet? I'm sure there's not too many people left out there who don't know how to text. I think it's a pain in the butt finding where all the letters are on my phone, but I've gotten in the habit of sending texts and even switched over my cell phone plan to unlimited text messaging so I don't have to worry about going over the allowed messages. Over the past couple of months or so, my husband has crossed over to the dark side and will send a text instead of calling.

I'm all for getting a text since as you might of read about my phone phobia before. The only thing is, getting a text from my husband can be the most frustrating and agonizing experience ever. I'm not sure if there is a handbook out there about proper text messaging etiquette, but if there is, he definitely needs to read it. He has this habit of sending texts that make no sense WHATSOEVER. Let me give you an example:


He's inside the house and I'm out back.

His text: Get Jo.

My text: Very funny. I know you didn't forget to pick him up. (I was thinking that he was trying to be funny and make me think that he forgot to pick up my son from his dad's house.)

His text: ???

My text: ???

His text: jk

WTF???????????


Sometimes, I'll get lucky and it will simply say, Can you pick up some bread at the store? but most of the time, it just gets to the point where, after ten what are you talking about? texts, I end up calling him and cursing him for making me call. Don't get me wrong, this guy is not stupid. But when it comes to text messaging, he seems to forget to let everyone in on what the hell he's talking about. I'm thinking that maybe it's a male thing and it just takes too long to type out the full sentence or paragraph, so he's hoping that he just might have a trace of ESP and is just mentally transporting the rest of the conversation to me. At any rate, I'm thinking about calling up his cell phone company and offering them a hefty bribe to cancel his text messaging service or maybe I could just accidently step on his fingers with my heavy hiking boots.

6 comments:

Creative Junkie said...

OMG. I think your husband and my husband are related.

My husband can't send a text with any word actually spelled out - I think he thinks it's against the law or something. So his texts are comprised entirely of abbreviations.

UGH.

The Four Week Vegan said...

We still live in the dark ages and do not text, heck we barely use the cell phones even our teen. That exchange would drive me crazy.

eight helping hands said...

Hey leave us dark world texters alone! We use all kinds of short cuts so we don't have to type so much. If you went ahead and joined the dark side, you could all get along! :-)
Glad to hear your card is in 2nd place. Now off to vote!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I got your card on the weekend!! I went into the Hallmark store and asked the clerks in there to point me in the direction of the cards. They had do idea what I was talking about!!! I gave them an education on the card contest.

I am going to vote online again now!! Yay, for getting to second place, first place is calling.....

Jennifer said...

LOL! Hilarious! I think husband's must be forming some sort of club involving bad texting skills!

Terra said...

yeah, that was pry not the best way to go about that! funny for us though!

Congrats on the card jump. I have not made it everyday but I get over often and put my vote in, as previously stated - if on the shelf i wouldn't go to the others.