Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Words with a Blogger Wednesday

Words with a Blogger Wednesday

This week I have a special treat for you!
You may have noticed that I have a little soft spot for foodie blogs and I love the photos that they post so I can dream of cooking a wonderful meal or baking a scrumptious treat. Yes, it just is a dream-I totally suck at cooking or baking!
Anyway, I found another food blog, but this is a very unique blog-why? Because it is run by a very smart sixteen year old girl. How cool!

Her name is Emily (I'm a bit partial to that name-lol) and her blog's name is

Take it away, Emily!

Hi, I'm Emily and my blog's called "too much of a good thing is wonderful" (http://emilyann2008.blogspot.com/) I'm from a small little town in Georgia (born and bred!) but I go to a boarding school in Rhode Island. I'm a sophomore in high school right now but I am so ready for college. ;) I have an interesting circle of friends that influence my blog quite a bit and I do tend to tell a lot of stories about them, along with other happenings in my life.
The title comes from a quote by Mae West, who (in case you haven't heard of her) was a phenomenal actress back in the day. I blog mostly about my daily eats, which can be a bit lacking, considering I attend a boarding school in New England. When you live off of cafeteria food, you have to try and be as creative as possible! (Edible food is hard to find.) I am a huuuge fan of yogurt though, so there are a lot of posts dedicated to all the variations I try out. I also feature plenty of flower/nature photos, which I love taking in my spare time.


When did you start blogging?
I started back in November, after I was inspired by seeing so many creative food blogs. At the time, I was also coming to terms with an eating disorder that unfortunately has plagued me since I was about thirteen. When I created my blog, I intended on keeping my ED separate (and secret!) but it became too difficult. Now, "too much of a good thing is wonderful" combines both my struggles/triumphs with my ED and the other various facets of my life.


Do you make money from your blog?
Nope, I don't make a dime. I do sometimes receive coupons in the mail from various food companies though.

How frequently do you post?
I try to post every day or every other day. However, recently, I've been posting less and less due to school work. Come summertime, you can expect daily posts again. Plus, the food will look a lot tastier, considering I can make my own at home.

Do you have a favorite blogger(s) that you just can't live without reading?
All those that I "follow" are great... hence why I follow them. ;) I love reading all their posts, each day, for both their nummy yummies and humor. Most of the blogs that I read are like mine, "foodies" if you will. If you scamper on over to my blog and take a look on the left hand column (under "Daily Reads"), you'll see them all.


Have your readers influenced you in any way?
The readers are so wonderful! The inspiration they provide keeps me from giving up. Each and every comment is too lovely for words. Without them, I doubt that I would continue to blog! There's a wonderful quote by Cicero that says, "Friendship... lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it" and it is one hundred percent true when it comes to everyone who reads my blog. Whenever I am challenged by ED, I know that there are those fantastic readers out there that are ready to lift me back up!

Has blogging changed your life in any way?
Blogging has helped me become more comfortable with my body image and more confident, in general. There is such a supportive community that surrounds me too. They let me rant about my life without feeling self-conscious or crazy and offer the most wonderful, sympathetic advice. Knowing that people, living thousands of miles away from me, are willing to listen to the petty, silly things in my life that I obsess about makes me unbelievably happy (and thankful!).

What do you do when you get writer's block?
Whenever I have nothing clever or funny to say, I go outside, snap a few photos of flowers and post them up. Something about flowers and sunlight (two of my favorite things!) just clears up my mind.
I'm also a fan of Diet Coke, so I chug one of those down when it's rainy and I can't take any pictures. It energizes my mind- it's that crazy caffeine!

Any other advice you might have for newbie bloggers?

On thing that I'm utterly afraid of is for some one I know to find and read my blog. However, if I let that get to me, I would never post again. Lucky for you (just kidding!), I block out that fear and post away. I really insist that if you want to start your own blog, don't worry about others' opinions. Blog for yourself and no one else! :)

If you would like to be featured, post a comment and let me know!

4 comments:

Terra said...

Tess thank you for bringing me this one! My 8 year daughter has a blog (it is private) and I love that she is starting young adn can't wait to go read the one mentioned!

Helene said...

She sounds amazing!! I'm gonna go check her blog out now...

Jenjen @GottaLoveMom said...

Emily, I just stopped by your site and I'm salivating..

Tess, this is a great thing that you do - not afraid of sharing!!
Kudos!!

Devilish Southern Belle said...

Wow, she sounds so amazing and grounded; not like a typical teenager at all. I'd never have known any of that was written by someone still in high school!