Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Have you been missing the drama with my oldest?

If you have been a reader since I started blogging, you've been around for my oldest daughter's pregnancy, her ex boyfriend and all the drama associated with that. You can catch up here and here and Ill throw this one in too. If you've wondered, things have toned down a bit. We did have an encounter with the child support situation meaning, she found out that "someone" called the child support people and told them that she didn't want them to stop going after him for child support because the ex was moving in with her. Whaaaat???? I don't think so, people. She ended up going down there-in person-to tell them that she was definitely not living with him and even had a restraining order against him. Isn't this guy a peach? He cares SO MUCH about his child that he went out of his way to lie to get out of paying for his support. WHICH, ( I need to add) they've only got five dollars out of him so far since the baby was born. I don't know if there's any proof that he's the one who did this but, I'm pretty sure there's a law against impersonating a person and messing with legal documents-am I right?

Anyway, we found out through the grapevine that he moved out of state with his new girlfriend (probably the girl that called and said that she was Jess). We're hoping that he will find a new life there and forget about his old life. I know that's bad to say, but I hope that he doesn't take part in his beautiful son's life. I can see such a wonderful and laid back personality in my grandson already and I do not want that to change. I think if he even spent one minute around his dad, this little boy's outlook in life would be ruined.

Besides, I think it's not all about the biological part that makes you a dad, but earning "the right" to be called "dad". My daughter's new boyfriend is just awesome with him and even tells everyone that he's his and for someone to only spend a short time with a child and love them already, that's the type that deserves a father's day card, not any of those deadbeat sperm donors out there.

So, I just KNOW that you want to see some recent photos of my little guy-right? Ok, you talked me into it.


My little Gerber baby-with hair.

11 comments:

Creative Junkie said...

Aw Tess, he's such a little cutie!

And yes, it takes more than sperm to be a daddy. I wish they taught that subject in school, right alongside sex ed.

eight helping hands said...

AW!! He's sooo cute! Way beyond cute! He does look like a Gerber baby with hair!
Just because donated sperm does not make them a good father. I know I've been there!
BTW, my blog is all about you today! Go check it out! I wanted it to be a surprise. Hope you like it!

eight helping hands said...

I also put your card pics on my FB page! hee hee! I'm trying to get you there!

The Four Week Vegan said...

He is adorable! I hope the sperm donor stays far away.

Helene said...

Awwww, I just love those pics! He's a doll!! And it's so true what you say about fathers!!

I've been voting!! Oh and you should let people know that once they register at the site, each time they go to vote, they don't need to re-register. It seems to remember me each time so I don't have to log in every time!

Golfersmom said...

He is so cute.

Unknown said...

what a cutie! ive had my own battles around child support... not pretty and not worth the fuss, either...

Terra said...

OMG He is ADORABLE! The drama stinks but he is worth it!

Caitlin said...

HE IS GORGEOUS! I hope the Daddy stays away from that sweet angel! I just want to eat him up!

Cascia Talbert said...

He is adorable! Sounds like the baby's biological father is a creep. He reminds me of my daughter's biological father. I found out I was pregnant shortly after I graduated high school. The father and I broke up after my baby was born and the last time he saw her was when she was 20 mos old. She is now 12. Now I am married to a wonderful man, the only man that she has ever called Dad. I understand what your daughter is going through and agree with you that it takes a lot more than biology to be a Dad.

Fearless Mom said...

He's beautiful. Deadbeat dad is definitely missing out.