Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Where's the handle bars?

The room is spinning. The room is spinning. What the heck am I talking about? Last night before I went to bed, I started to get very dizzy. The room was a spinning and a spinning and totally freaking me out. I decided to lay down to see if it would help but it only made it worse. I finally got my head calmed down enough to fall asleep. When I woke up, I thought all was well until I sat up and well, I felt like I just ate a bad mushroom. I stumbled out of bed and told the hubby about it all the while, I'm freaking out. He said that it was probably nothing-hmm, last time I checked, dizzy spells generally happen for a reason-doesn't just happen like passing gas. Sorry, couldn't resist.
So, Jessica came over to help me and of course, the first thing out of her mouth was, "YOU'RE PREGNANT!"
I don't think so. No thank you. PLEEEEASE, PEOPLE.
So, I was off to search on the Internet for the reasons why a person gets dizzy. I wasn't sure if I had any other "true" symptoms because my chest did hurt and I felt nauseous but I think that was because I was anxious from freaking out. Yes, those are signs for a heart attack for women. I'm still alive, so hopefully that wasn't it. I did find about a hundred reasons for dizzy spells. Thanks, Google, for freaking me out more.
So, after spending most of the day almost running into walls, my mom called and told me that she thought it probably was Vertigo. The movie? No, the sickness. Her other advice was to go to the doctor because stuff like that happens for a reason. Hmm, where did I hear that before?
I haven't left yet to go get checked out. I think I will take a shower first and find someone to give me some coaxing to actually go. I hate going to the doctor, you see.
But, one thing I couldn't resist today was to take my daily picture of my little baby boy. Yep. he's Nana's favorite.



7 comments:

Mommy of Many said...

I hate going to the doctor also. It requires so much effort and they usually never know whats going on. I think the internet is a much more effective doctor. You can diagnose yourself with anything through google.....on second thought, get it checked out.

Hit 40 said...

You probably have an ear infection. Especially if you were in a pool this weekend.

I have vertigo issues. As you found out, never lie down. I sleep sitting up/reclined in a lazy boy.

I have some other ideas for what it could be.... but I did not see an email for you? I didn't want to post it.

A good ears, nose, throat doc can help you. If you have also ever had blurred vision in an eye that went away or numbness that also went away?? Let me know.

Nikki said...

Hell, I'm following you through the MBC Follow Me Club! Nice to "meet" you. Please follow me back. Thanks =)

eight helping hands said...

You BIG GOOB! Go to the doctor! It sounds like me....someone has to coax you to go. You crack me up! I hope you feel better soon.
I had vertigo once and it's a very dizzy-ing experience.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

What a little doll!

Come on over and enter my giveaway. I hope to see you there!!

Creative Junkie said...

I'm wondering if it's an ear infection? Or maybe you're dehydrated?

I hope you feel better soon! And yes, stay away from Google. You'll be thinking you have the plague pretty soon. Sometimes, Google is not your friend.

ConnieFoggles said...

Reading up on any symptoms is the worst thing you can do. It'll make everything including your mental status get worse.

I hope by now that you're feeling better or that you've gone to the doctor. I bet it's an ear infection...