Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Four Weddings and a Funeral-minus the four weddings.

Starting the new year has NOT been very, very good to me.
We celebrated New Year's Eve with lots of yummy food and watched a ton of movies. It was a nice time, but had I known what was coming the next couple of days, I would have opened that second bottle of champagne.
The next morning, we all woke up with the flu-well, except for Emily-she started the whole thing a couple of days earlier.
This flu was so bad, I wished for death to put me out of my misery. We were all dying, and as I crawled back to the couch from hanging out in the bathroom, I swore that I heard my husband calling from the bedroom, asking if our will was up to date.
We recovered, finally, and I've been trying to catch up on everything. It's been making me feel overwhelmed and depressed and just plain yucky.
To top things off, my grandpa passed away on Sunday, which happened to be the same day that we were doing our Christmas with my dad. He lived a very long and happy life and lived to be ninety, so now he can be with Grandma and all is good.
Today was the funeral, and it was nice to see family again. I hate it when it's under these circumstances and I always say that we should plan something fun to bring the family together.
So, now I'm back and ready to write again, 'cause I miss all of you guys!
I'll start by letting you know that this Christmas, I accumulated a ton of coffee cups.
I got some like this one.

And some cool ones like this one.

I had to get this big chocolate colored one-and in case you didn't think so, it says so.

So, now I must clean out my kitchen cabinets to make room for all my new cups. I was thinking that I might have to do my spring cleaning early, since I also need to make room for my hubby's new fancy deep fryer and coffee maker that he won't let me touch-apparently, I get coffee grounds everywhere. That's fine with me, because I just send him to Mickey D's to get me a carmel flavored ice coffee instead. I wonder how long it will take before he gets tired of going out in the sub zero temps and just let me use it. I give it two days.

9 comments:

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Sorry to hear about your grams, but I am glad you all are feeling better..and I love the new mugs! Missed you too sweetie :)

Lee said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandfather. I think everyone has been sick. We have had it here too.

The Four Week Vegan said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Glad you all survived the flu though :) How about you re-start 2010 now.

eight helping hands said...

Sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing. :(
I agree, why does it tkae a funeral or wedding to bring family togther? Makes no sense no how to me.
Love your new coffee mugs and I sooo want the polka dotted one.
Glad to hear your feeling better hon!
Oh! Are you going to do the Hallmark Mother's Day card again this year?

Liz Mays said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa and that you've been struggling with being sick at your house!

More Than Words said...

Oh my goodness. So sorry to hear how all of you were down and out. Ugh...so much going around these days.

Glad you're feeling better and up to doing some spring cleaning.

Love the coffee cups!!!!!!

And I'm also sorry about the loss of your grandpa.

Buckeroomama said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa.

(Tell your husband that it would be perfect if you can fill your coffee cups with coffee from his coffee-maker, instead of drinking take-out coffee in a paper cup that he has to go out and get in sub-zero weather.)

Creative Junkie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. :(

LOVE LOVE LOVE the mugs! I love having my hot chocolate in those kinds of mugs instead of boring old coffee cups.

Marla said...

so sorry to hear about your Grandfather and the flu to boot.

Here's to all the yuck of 2010 behind you.