Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Bella

My youngest asked me today when Bella, our bigger dog, was having a birthday. I told Emily that I really didn't know when Bella's birthday was. Emily said that we should give Bella a birthday party and give her bones and dog toys and decorate with dog decorations and how fun it would be.
I told her that it would be nice to throw her a birthday party, even though she gets into the garbage the second we leave her alone in the house, lets the most silent-but-deadly farts, and hogs the whole bottom of the bed every night.
The hubby was listening to all of this and then leans over to me and whispers,
"What about Mia?"
Then I was all like yeah, she didn't mention little Mia.

Sorry, Mia.

I guess you didn't make the cut.

Maybe you need to eat more beans and learn how to scoot the step stool to the garbage pail because apparently, the more smelly and bad you are, the more you are loved.

10 comments:

Sultan said...

What a nice thing although the other dog should have her own day.

Marla said...

"...the more smelly and bad you are, the more you are loved."

This explains my sons. Cute post!

Kimberly@PrettyPinkMomma said...

Thats cute! I'm not sure if I should be ashamed or proud to tell you that before we had our children the hubs and I threw birthday parties for our dog. There were only three of them before we had kids and that went out the window! But the first one, we bought a dog birthday cake, biscuits toys - the works! Maybe I should post those pics of the dog enjoying his bash sometime...

Liz Mays said...

Oh, poor little Mia...

The Four Week Vegan said...

What a sweet thought. Perhaps she wanted to do Bella's first since she is older. So, keep the decorations because Mia is next.

sheila said...

omg, that's pretty funny! And cute! Poor lil Mia!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I remember having a birthday party for my dog when I was a child. That was the day my oldest brother brought home is girlfriend, now wife. She admits that she thought I was a strange one for having a dog birthday party. I still disagree, not strange at all, just sweet!

Buckeroomama said...

Good thing Mia doesn't really understand... :)

Lisa said...

She's so pretty and tiny:) Oh, and I'm jealous you got the PW cookbook. Been wanting that.

Btw, I'm following your blog....I hope you check mine out too.

Windthicket Fables said...

LOL. Too funny! And what a cute little dog!

Following from MBC. Please come see me too!